Sign in to follow this  
scotgr

How many are planning on buying the Queen V3 for FSX

I was keen to find out how many people plan on buying the Queen V3 for FSX? 

This is not meant as a bashing thread as I am just curious as this will be the platform I will be purchasing for.

Thanks

Scott Griffiths

Scott Griffiths

I do!

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

This is an interesting question that has been around my mind lately. I just moved to Windows 10 and am also planning to migrate to Prepar3D as it's proven to perform better than FSX. That would mean, however, having to purchase P3D itself and re-purchase many addons such as Active Sky, PMDG's 777 (this one being more expensive than its FSX counterpart) and many more. That'd mean a lot of money. 

As soon as the 747 v3 is released, according to its price tag for both platforms I will decide whether to slowly start moving to P3D or just purchase it for FSX, save some money for upgrading my PC (processor, MoBo and RAM) and do the switch to P3D perhaps in a year or two.

This is an interesting question that has been around my mind lately. I just moved to Windows 10 and am also planning to migrate to Prepar3D as it's proven to perform better than FSX. That would mean, however, having to purchase P3D itself and re-purchase many addons such as Active Sky, PMDG's 777 (this one being more expensive than its FSX counterpart) and many more. That'd mean a lot of money. 

As soon as the 747 v3 is released, according to its price tag for both platforms I will decide whether to slowly start moving to P3D or just purchase it for FSX, save some money for upgrading my PC (processor, MoBo and RAM) and do the switch to P3D perhaps in a year or two.

If you're planning to migrate, might well start now and get on with it. Delaying would mean buying the 747 twice and costing you time and money.

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I am in a similar boat to you Jhon. I agree the biggest problem with migrating is the cost and right now I don't have that money to spend. I will be buying for FSX and will consider in the next few years when to migrate. I understand that p3d is better and being constantly developed however my FSX is running well and not causing any issues.

Scott Griffiths

If you're planning to migrate, might well start now and get on with it. Delaying would mean buying the 747 twice and costing you time and money.

That is also true. Only thing is that right now I could only purchase either P3D or the 747 v3 depending on its cost, and would have to wait one or two more months to get the other. On the long run this would save me money, of course, but it'd be difficult for me to see that the 747 v3 was just released and I will have to wait even more to fly it, haha. I'll wait until release and decide! Thank you for your appreciation though, makes much sense.

I will be buying the p3d version.

Pablo Vazquez - Flight Attendant - Major US Airline

(P3D v4.3, PMDG 744v3, PMDG 748, PMDG 777, PMDG 737 NGX, QualityWings 787, Captain Sim 757, Aerosoft Airbus Professional and FSLabs A320x)

1hxz6d.jpg

Let me start by saying I have a compulsion against running more than one MSFS-family simulator at one time. I've got a weird OCD which makes me uncomfortable having both FSX and P3D simultaneously installed. (*which am I installing to? Will this work? Do I need to do it on both?)  From there, the age-old debate about FSX vs. P3D comes down to the platforms themselves which I won't get into here and now. 

I anticipate moving to the P3D version of the 747, but there's a part of me that still wants to keep FSX alive, as a pair of classic addons (PMDG MD-11 and Level-D 767) both only live in the FSX/Win7 world. 

I might wait for the first operational reports to start coming in - hearing how the FSX users are making out vs. the P3D users. Knowing PMDG, I'm guessing there won't be any real differences to force my hand one way or the other, making the decision that much more difficult. 

We'll just have to see how the pricing models work out and hope for the best. 

-Greg

I prefer known quantities over moving targets, so yes, I'm gonna buy the FSX license.

The Steam edition is pretty solid, and I kinda dislike VAS usage differing by sim versions, hotfixes, and reinstalls.

Oliver Maertens

I will also be buying it for FSX SE. However, it will be one of my last, if not the last purchase I make for FSX. That also covers scenery.

buying on release day for FSX. been waiting 3 years for this moment. I cant wait any longer

James Fakeri