0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Guest Mik75

Every bit as good as AF2! ;-)

Excellent pics!

Every bit as good as AF2! ;-)

Excellent pics!

Maybe with 100 FPS less...

Anyway never tried AFS2, how are lights there? Honestly I cannot even think to go back to the fake lights of PR3D but never saw a picture of AFS2 by night.

Beautiful shots of NYC!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Nice pics!  

What are the specs of the new rig?  How is XP11 treating it (or, vice-versa)?

Specs are 6700k clocked at 4.4ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1080gtx graphics card. I have overclocked my 1080gtx which gives me an extra 2 or 3 fps. I found overclocking my 6700k to 4.6 to make no difference at all. I play in 4k on a 4k tv (60fps capable). I have found that bizarrely I receive approximately the same fps no matter if I run in 1080p, 2k or 4k. In a big city such as Seattle on the runway in the default 737, I get 27 fps with high buildings, shadows on, HDR+SSOA, reflections off (costs me 4fps no matter if I have on low or max), 6 AI traffic around me, Textures on Max, Antialiaising at FXAA 2SS. When I am in the air at altitude, this usually gets to 30 fps in the cockpit and 40-50 in an external view but with a lot of fluctuation.

Ironically, if I fly in Dzerwicki Designs (I know I spelled that wrong, forgive me) version of NYC and NYC airports, I still get approximately the same frames.

I have checked my CPU and GPU usage and both are not being used much. The CPU is at about 40% whilst clocked at 4.4ghz and when at 4.6ghz it went down the 27% in the same scenario. GPU usage is also only about 40%. This is quite surprising. As a a comparison, when I play Battlefield 1, I can get a solid 60fps most of the time at 4K with the graphics card being used to the max. I know this is like comparing apples with oranges but I still find it bizarre how under utilised both my CPU and GPU are. I used to run an i7 920 and a 970gtx in 2K and decent framerates. I would have thought the jump to the new rig would give me a bit more return, I am happy enough but would like a few more fps to make it a bit smoother.