Sign in to follow this  
Airbus

Lear 35A Version 2.8 spoilers not working

Hi Al,

I didn't have a tea deal of time to test - but - it seemed to stop working most often when I was playing around with the reverse thrusters - I've got to get more time with it for anything conclusive... Yep - I'm using P3D..,

Regards,

Scott

Yes I am on P3dv3.4hf2. (Latest)

And...guess what? Using the spoilers upon landing appears to be the problem and I do use reverse thrust. But having come out of reverse, the spoilers still won't activate, no up or down?

Tomorrow I will re check for key conflicts, could be the / key assigned somewhere else?

Regards,

David

Hi David,

Since we both have different assignments with the same symptoms - suspect it's something to do with the G1000 keys - worked fine previously with Al's LUA...

I only get time to mess with this on the weekends - so I'm of no help before then...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

OK I have the G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY6 = (Spoiler Switch) mapped to my X55 throttle button 29.

I have the spoilers arm mapped to Shift + /.  (Controls settings, for other aircraft)

The spoilers extend/retract toggle mapped to /. ( controls settings for other aircraft)

I have nothing programmed in the Saitek X55 programmed buttons.

To cut a long story short. I have partial success with the spoiler function after landing. Using the The G1000_MFD_SOFTKEY6  mapped only to  Button 29 throttle stick.

I believe that there is a conflict in the bowels of P3d controls.

I f I press and hold the / key, the spoilers will extend after about 20 seconds of holding the / key. If this has been disabled in the 2.8 code, then there is still a function there. This seems incorrect and may be conflicting with the G1000_mfd_softkey6.   That's my guess!

The annoying thing is, its intermittent! A horrible fault in an aircraft!  Will it work this time, or not?  Errm?   :Devil: But it does raise the tension on landing and is perfectly in keeping with the real world reports on this aircraft. It was a hairy beast at the best of times. So well done FSW you modelled another quirk into the simulation! :wink:  I still love this little simulation? 

Cheers

David

The annoying thing is, its intermittent!

This intermittent thing may be due to the way FSW chose to implement their key assignments. AFAIK, they'll only work if you're view is in the VC. Exterior views cause the assignments to 'lose focus' (for lack of a better term). Regaining control when you return to the VC may also lag for a few seconds/keystrokes. You might try a few tests to see if your view is what's causing the intermittent behaviour you're seeing.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Hi Folks,

Ahh - that could be my issue - I may have been jumping between views...

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Folks,Ahh - that could be my issue - I may have been jumping between views...Thanks...Regards,Scott

Ditto.

I will check again.

Cheers

David

I just discovered that as well about the softkey assignments, they only work when in the VC.  I was testing with an external view so I could see the spoilers and it wasn't working.  Fortunately I tried in the VC as well and noticed the issue.