Sign in to follow this  
cgw44

Payware airbus rant

It would be nice to have a payware airbus that doesn't have some issue that makes it not worth having.

Like for instance one where the managed flight mode works. {aerosoft}

Or one where the brakes don't stay on. {BBS}

I have tried all the solutions for fixing the managed flight issue with the aerosoft airbus but nothing worked

I looked up about the BBS brake issue and BBS says that this is a ​problem within fsx?!! and they may or may not fix

this in the future.

I have never had any brake issue with any freeware/payware aircraft before.

I know other people are not having these issues I'm just babbling my frustration with these two payware aircraft.

It would be nice to have a payware airbus that doesn't have some issue that makes it not worth having.

I have tried all the solutions for fixing the managed flight issue with the aerosoft airbus but nothing worked

I looked up about the BBS brake issue and BBS says that this is a ​problem within fsx?!! and they may or may not fix

this in the future.

I have never had any brake issue with any freeware/payware aircraft before.

I know other people are not having these issues I'm just babbling my frustration with these two payware aircraft.

Hi,

What about FSL A320X? For now, I believed it is the best Airbus plane you can get

Cheers.

Hoang Le

• Upvote 1

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Well there's your problem.

• Upvote 2

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Saying the management mode doesn't work is just to broad. Can you be specific?  Did you seek support from Aerosoft?  Are you using Version 1.31?

For the record, I don't have any problems whatsoever with the Aerosoft Airbus, and I'm tremendously looking forward to the A318/A319/A320/A321 update after their A330 is released!

Best wishes.

• Upvote 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Managed flight works perfectly in the Aerosoft Airbus for me, and has for the last 4 years.

The FSL is the best Airbus around, but the Aerosoft is a great addon, with lot's of immersive features and managed modes work fine for me. As Dave said, if you can be more specific about your problems, I'm sure people will help.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

Saying the management mode doesn't work is just to broad. Can you be specific? Did you seek support from Aerosoft? Are you using Version 1.31?

For the record, I don't have any problems whatsoever with the Aerosoft Airbus, and I'm tremendously looking forward to the A318/A319/A320/A321 update after their A330 is released!

Best wishes.

Managed flight works perfectly in the Aerosoft Airbus for me, and has for the last 4 years.

The FSL is the best Airbus around, but the Aerosoft is a great addon, with lot's of immersive features and managed modes work fine for me. As Dave said, if you can be more specific about your problems, I'm sure people will help.

Aerosoft...no problems here either. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

The FSL is PMDG quality.  Says it all.

I was hesitant because screenshots and videos seemed to give off a low-quality vibe, from textures and sounds, and I figured the AS bus looked better on pictures.  I finally caved in, and I can tell you it's really, really great.

If you can justify the price tag of PMDG, you can justify that of the FSL bus.

• Upvote 1

sig01.png

Saying the management mode doesn't work is just to broad. Can you be specific? Did you seek support from Aerosoft? Are you using Version 1.31?

What happens is that after liftoff I no longer get the white dot next to the altitude selector which means that I have no vnav/managed flight.

It will not accelerate to normal climb speed until I intervene by manually setting the speed. This kind of diminishes the enjoyment of using the airbus.

Yes I have gone to the aerosoft forum for help and all the solutions I found and tried didn't work.

I would be content with the BBS airbus were it not for the aforementioned brake issue - the managed flight mode works on that one.

Interesting. What information did they give about the nature of the updates?

What happens is that after liftoff I no longer get the white dot next to the altitude selector which means that I have no vnav/managed flight.

It will not accelerate to normal climb speed until I intervene by manually setting the speed. This kind of diminishes the enjoyment of using the airbus.

Yes I have gone to the aerosoft forum for help and all the solutions I found and tried didn't work.

How are you controlling the knobs...hardware or just clicking with the mouse?  What are the modes at the top of the PFD when sitting on the runway and just after takeoff?  You had a dot when you were sitting on the runway?  Are you using FS2Crew?  I'm trying to think of a reason why you'd lose the dot.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

It will not accelerate to normal climb speed until I intervene by manually setting the speed. This kind of diminishes the enjoyment of using the airbus.

Yes I have gone to the aerosoft forum for help and all the solutions I found and tried didn't work.

I would be content with the BBS airbus were it not for the aforementioned brake issue - the managed flight mode works on that one.

Are you pushing the altitude knob before take off?

Do you have the FMGS fully configured?  Managed climb requires that some parameters in the FMGS are completed. And pushing the heading knob arms managed mode before take off.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

Do you have the FMGS fully configured?  Managed climb requires that some parameters in the FMGS are completed. And pushing the heading knob arms managed mode before take off.

Nice job JYW, absolutely correct.

What information did they give about the nature of the updates?

I'm not sure I understand the question my friend, but each update contained a description of what was changed/fixed.  Updates notices are available in the "A318/A318/A320/A321 - Updates and Hotfixes" topic in the Aerosoft forums.  I'm not sure how detailed the descriptions were as I received updates directly from the person writing the code to test the updates before they were released to the public.

The current status of updates is as follows:

Version 1.31 contains all Updates/Hot Fixes released prior to V1.31, so all previous updates/fixes are inclusive to Version 1.31).  Version 1.31 can be obtained from one's User Account where they purchased the aircraft. Please follow THESE INSTRUCTIONS exactly to install Version 1.31. Failure to do so will likely result in a myriad of isses when using the product.

There have been two updates/fixes released post Version 1.31 and customers are highly encouraged to apply these. They are:

1. Direct To Crash to Desktop fix. Though it did not occur for every customer, or on every flight, it was possible to suffer a CTD when one selected "Direct To" on the MCDU. This fix corrects this. It has been tested by countless customers and countless times.  Everyone should install this fix regardless of whether they have had a Direct To CTD.

2. A320/A321 MCDU Webserver fix.  NOTE:  Please ignore the word "Possible" in the thread title and post - it has caused a little confusion).  This fix permits full use of the MCDU Websever - so customers can use a Smartphone/Tablet to server as an MCDU.  This function worked properly for the A318/A319, and th A318/A318 Webserver software worked fine on the A320/A321 so we provided the A318/A319 Webserver to A320/A321 customers (so they did not have to purchase the A318/A319 variants in order to use the webserver for the A320/A321).

Version 1.31 is an extremely stable platform both in Single and Shared Cockpit (Connected Flight Deck). If one experiences any problems with this version it is probably due to not running the installer "As Admin", running the installer as an Antivirus enabled, incorrect uninstallation of the previous version, or not having supporting software installed. Please see THIS POST to resolve any issues with Version 1.31.

FUTURE A318/A319/A320/A321 UPDATES

Aerosoft plans to update the A318/A319/A320/A321 sometime after the release of the Aerosoft A330. This update will include software/technology enhancements used during development the A330 (I can't be any more specific than that).  Additional information about this can be found in the Aeroswoft A330 Preview topic in the Aerosoft forums.

Best wishes to everyone!

• Upvote 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

The only problem I have with the Aerosoft bus is the copilot not putting his tray out after set altitude is reached. This only happens about every other time  using the same flight plan, route, ect. Nothing is changed but sometimes I think is  on break. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Aerosoft modeled the most important systems, and you get all models of the A318 to A321 for a very good price package.

The Fslabs is expensive for a single model Airbus but very realistic simulation modeling and better sounds and atmosphere.

You need a super computer to get acceptable vas and fps using high fsx/p3d settings though. FsLabs packed in a lot of fun but unnecessary additions to vas levels, it should have been developed for xplane.

Please follow THESE INSTRUCTIONS exactly to install Version 1.31.

I did this except for shutting down steam in the background because I overlooked that part.

Do you have the FMGS fully configured? Managed climb requires that some parameters in the FMGS are completed. And pushing the heading knob arms managed mode before take off.

I did push the alt knob before takeoff but did not push the heading knob before takeoff because it looked like it was already armed.

But after takeoff I pushed both knobs and that did not work - I thought that you should be able to activate managed flight even after

being airborne.

To address earlier questions - yes I did fill out the data in the fmgs and I use a mouse to click the knobs and no I don't use fs2crew.