Sign in to follow this  
Stearman

Neuschwanstein Castle in VFR Germany

Hi, I wonder how's it that they made such a wonderful depiction of Neuschwanstein Castle in Aerosoft VFR Germany 3 (South), only to leave it half buried in the ground??

VFRG.jpg

I've tried every possible setting of mesh, to no avail.

Is there any fix to that?

Or alternatively, is there any scenery out there including a better Neuschwanstein Castle?

Thanks in advance, best regards.

It looks like it is not in the exact spot,it should be to the left on top of the hill. I have a version I downloaded with Sketchup and converted and put it automatic in place with the freeware program ModelconverterX, it took me about 5 minutes to do so completely for free and a 19m mesh helps some to

Herman

It looks like it is not in the exact spot,it should be to the left on top of the hill. I have a version I downloaded with Sketchup and converted and put it automatic in place with the freeware program ModelconverterX, it took me about 5 minutes to do so completely for free and a 19m mesh helps some to

Herman

Thanks for the reply.

However, I'm afraid I wouldn't know how to use Sketchup, let alone ModelconverterX.

I tried the 19m mesh, but it didn't make any difference.

Thanks anyway.

PS: Would you please post a screenshot?

I will try tomorrow but have to find out the way first, never posted a screenshot here yet.

As for Sketchup, you only have to download the building you wanr with the program and then save it as a .mdl or some extension that modelconverterx uses, for modelconverterx you can use a wizard that lets you place the building on top of a sateliye image and normally the orientation is automaeiccaly good and then save it to a scenery folder in FSX, works real good and easy and enough tutorials can be found on You Tube.

Herman

By the way, you tell you have tried the 19m mesh, what do you mean with that? only the in game setting? default FSX doesn't come with a 19m mesh for the alps so you have to get some mesh for that, I use FS Genesis global which is about 25 Euro and is real good, there is also a free mesh for the whole world available here in the Avsim files but I don't know if that is 19m.

Herman

By the way, you tell you have tried the 19m mesh, what do you mean with that? only the in game setting? default FSX doesn't come with a 19m mesh for the alps so you have to get some mesh for that, I use FS Genesis global which is about 25 Euro and is real good, there is also a free mesh for the whole world available here in the Avsim files but I don't know if that is 19m.

Herman

Yes, I meant the in-game setting, which definitely you can set at 19m, regardless of what you have or don't have installed.

I use the Aerosoft VFR Germany 3 (South) for that area, which in turn installs another scenery layer named AFD on top of itself. I don't have any other "mesh" or whatever installed there.

Consequently, the Neuschwanstein Castle in my original screenshot is the one included in VFR Germany 3, but definitely it is NOT the same castle version in your screenshot. Where did your castle come from?

Thanks once again, best regards.

If you set the 19m mesh without it is installed then it won't show and the mesh you see is probably 72m. VFR Germany doesn't come with mesh and the screenshots they show from the castle are even with a 5m mesh which doesn't exist anymore unfortunately. The FSGenesis global mesh is absolutely worth its money ( alps are 19m ) but you can also try the free mesh here on Avsim ( just checked it out and it's only 38m worldwide ).

The castle in my picture comes from 3D warehouse ( formerly google earth 3D buildings ) which is downloaded with sketchup and then exported as a .mdl and then placed with modelconverterx.

Herman