Sign in to follow this  
Westcoastpilot

Airport changes when zoomed in

Just downloaded and installed a new freeware scenery and I'm having some issues with the airport textures. When looking at the airport from a top-down view at a fairly close distance, as well as from the ground, there are certain taxiways and apron markings missing, and the runways also change. However, when I zoom out by two notches in the top-down view, everything appears as it should. 

Any ideas?

Untitled.png

Untitled_2.png

Gabriel - CYVR canada_flag.gif

Is this scenery supposed to be compatible with the version of P3D you are using?

Implementation of ground layering has changed. 

Is this scenery supposed to be compatible with the version of P3D you are using?

I guess I should've mentioned that this an FSX scenery, but I've been converting all the BGL's so they work with P3Dv2. I've converted FSX sceneries before without the problem I'm having.

I thought this might've been an issue caused by vector, but it isn't. Maybe there are some BGL's that I missed?

Looks like you are missing an alt.bgl containing elev data for that particular airport. Using ADE to change the airport elevation, or adding a flatten to the afcad file, would probably fix it up.

Using ADE to change the airport elevation, or adding a flatten to the afcad file, would probably fix it up.

Alright I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Flattening the afcad in ADE fixed it. There are still a few flickering textures on the ground around the terminal, but I'll live with them.