Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[31JAN17] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II: Departure Paperwork...

Most addons are shipped with outdated cycles.

\Robert Hamlich/

i dont think they will postpone the release because of the airac cycle

Agreed.

spacer.png

I was just basing my suggestion on that I was under the impression that the PMDG aircraft were shipped with the current airac cycle on release, because it's roughly about a month or so before the questions regarding that come up. Also, from a business side, they are assuming that not everyone is an experienced flight simmer that would know what an airac cycle is. All they would see is an error in the FMC, and assume the program was broken.

To you and me, yes, we know it's not, but if this is your first PMDG aircraft, which it will be for a lot of people, some may not understand, and take it to the forums or support tickets, which bogs down resources unnecessarily, especially if they can post-pone it 30 days to avoid the rush.

It may just ship with an old airac from 2016, and they'll just deal with it, but to me, if they were wanting to ship with a current-ish airac cycle, and since no date has been announced, this would fit the release time frame. To me, it just seems really strange to spend 3 years working on a product, and release it with an old airac cycle to produce an error (that's not really an error, but again, not everyone knows that).

But my memory is a little foggy trying to remember the NGX and T7 release if they shipped with current cycles.

Someone trying to get started with a PMDG aircraft without reading the manual will be lost anyway and run into the forums (probably for other reasons). If that someone DID read the manuals they'd probably find a section about navdata and the requirement to update them (I'm sure there is a mention of it in the 737 and 777 manual, but I'm not 100% sure and don't want to check).

All in all I don't think there is that much of a difference.

Someone trying to get started with a PMDG aircraft without reading the manual will be lost anyway and run into the forums (probably for other reasons). If that someone DID read the manuals they'd probably find a section about navdata and the requirement to update them (I'm sure there is a mention of it in the 737 and 777 manual, but I'm not 100% sure and don't want to check).

All in all I don't think there is that much of a difference.

Pretty sure my 737NGX shipped with outdated airac.

Honestly Guys, I don't think it'll be released until the 2nd for the simple fact that if they shipped it out now, the Airac cycle would be only 2 or 3 days away from expiry. If they wait until the 2nd, load it with the newest cycle, they save themselves a lot of time because they don't have to answer "my airac cycle is out of date" questions for the first 30 days, instead of right at release.

That's what I would do anyways.

I'm not an attorney or offer legal advise but, in my opinion, I don't think releasing the airplane with an up-to-date AIRAC will be legally feasible for PMDG as this is a paid service provided by a separate company. Navigraph would be loosing a lot of money if PMDG does that, unless they have an exclusive contract or an agreement with Navigraph to do so, otherwise, PMDG could be facing some legal issues.

Pablo Vazquez - Flight Attendant - Major US Airline

(P3D v4.3, PMDG 744v3, PMDG 748, PMDG 777, PMDG 737 NGX, QualityWings 787, Captain Sim 757, Aerosoft Airbus Professional and FSLabs A320x)

1hxz6d.jpg

Ok I will open up a business right now selling spare F5 keys to you guys (and me of course). That should get me the $114M in no time (and a little extra for the Expansion)

• Upvote 1

From the original 747 to now, we've released with the current data as of the release. Naturally, when doing so, we've also come to an agreement with the provider well in advance. Failing to do so would be pretty reckless as an organization or company.

I don't think anyone was trying to get into areas where they shouldn't be, but there's no need to get into company-to-company business in an open forum, so if you all wouldn't mind, we can move along to other topics.

Kyle Rodgers

My guess is P3D : $150

PMDG loyalist : $49.99

Heh... I can go with that...

spacer.png

so if you all wouldn't mind, we can move along to other topics.

Agreed. Most important thing is if it comes with cold beer. Because I'm tellin ya... if that beer ain't cold, I WILL fuss about it in the Forums and demand instant fix.

Take your time, I'm at work for another 12 hrs!

David Porrett

Agreed. Most important thing is if it comes with cold beer. Because I'm tellin ya... if that beer ain't cold, I WILL fuss about it in the Forums and demand instant fix.

The temp of the beer will depend entirely upon whether you remember to punch the button that supplies power to the galley, and of course to the fridge in your home.  Obviously, both must also be properly stocked in advance.  After all, there can be no better combination than real beer and virtual airplanes .  Well, on second thought real scotch would be even better.

Andrew Jones

Guest happy2

OMG OMG OMG :Nail Biting:   holding credit card ready