Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Primary & secondary buttons not working

Any help with this would be appreciated. I have now reinstalled both Fs2crew rebooted (button control) and the NGX twice, with still no resolution to the issue. Both the primary and secondary buttons I have assigned correctly through the P3D control panel are working, as they can be seen being assigned in the P3d control panel, but nothing is happening in FS2Crew. I can assign buttons on the keyboard, that work in FS2Crew, but not through the yoke, even though it is showing in P3D. I'm sure there is a simple explanation, as I have had this working successfully both in FSX and FSX-SE previously. Help appreciated, cheers.  Here is the Fs2crew entry in the panel cfg from the NGX...

Capture.jpg

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hi Howard,

To confirm, the Main and Secondary buttons work **if** you use your keyboard.

The problem is you can't use your yoke?

If I'm following you correctly, your yoke might require the registered version of FSUIPC in order to hook the buttons up.

Personally, I just use keyboard buttons.

Cheers,

Hi Bryan, that's correct. I can use through the keyboard, but not via the yoke. BUT, the yoke works fine as I have used assignments on the yoke with both FSX and FSX SE. Besides, the yoke sends a connection to P3ED control panel so to is being recognised by P3D. I have the latest registered version of FSUIPC.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Are you sure you assigned the assignments properly on the Yoke via FSUIPC?

That's probably the issue there.

I think some of the names in FSUIPC don't match up exactly with the name in the FSX Controls screen... so it could be an easy mistake.

Cheers,

Hi Bryan, sorry, I don't understand what you mean when you mention FSUIPC. I simply cannot get FS2C to recognise the yoke button after I have assigned it to the relevent action in the P3D control panel, even though it is recognised in P3D.

eg,. when I assign button  'X' on my yoke into P3D control panel, it is recognised as me doing so, and I assign the button to ALTERNATE STATIC SOURCE (ON/OFF) . But when I then go into the NGX, call up FS2C panel and click switch 'X' on my yoke, nothing happens. It's the same when I try to assign an action for the secondary button.

Howard

Hi Howard,

FS2Crew doesn't really look at the yoke itself directly.

Rather, it's looking at the state of of "Autofeather Arm/ Off", etc.

Just to be sure:  Can you open the FS2Crew Main Panel using the joystick or keyboard (Assignment: Autofeather Arm Off).

Cheers,

Hi Howard,

FS2Crew doesn't really look at the yoke itself directly.

Rather, it's looking at the state of of "Autofeather Arm/ Off", etc.

Just to be sure:  Can you open the FS2Crew Main Panel using the joystick or keyboard (Assignment: Autofeather Arm Off).

Cheers,

Hi Bryan, yes, I can open the main panel through assigning keyboard N. So how do I go about assigning the yoke switches to open and close primary and secondary buttons on FS2C as I have done successfully before?

Howard

Hi Bryan, yes, I can open the main panel through assigning keyboard N. So how do I go about assigning the yoke switches to open and close primary and secondary buttons on FS2C as I have done successfully before?

Can you use your Yoke to open and close the Main Panel by assigning a joystic button to Autofeather Arm Off.

Does that work?

Can you use your Yoke to open and close the Main Panel by assigning a joystic button to Autofeather Arm Off.

Does that work?

I'll try it shortly and report back

Howard

Does that work?

Hi Bryan, no I can't do that either. Same as before, it shows up as I make the assignment in the P3D control panel, but when i come to use it in the NGX, nothing happens.

Howard

Hi Bryan, no I can't do that either. Same as before, it shows up as I make the assignment in the P3D control panel, but when i come to use it in the NGX, nothing happens.

I just looked at your signature.

For the PFC Yoke (or basically another other hobbiest type yoke), you'll need the registered version of FSUIPC to connect the Yoke to FS.

That program allows you to assign yoke buttons to assignments like "Autofeather Arm Off".

Just note that in FSUIPC, Autofeather Arm Off won't show up exactly as Autofeather Arm off.  Pete writes it out a tad differently in the drop down list, but you can still figure it out.

Personally, I'd just stick with the keyboard, but it's your call.

I just looked at your signature.

For the PFC Yoke (or basically another other hobbiest type yoke), you'll need the registered version of FSUIPC to connect the Yoke to FS.

That program allows you to assign yoke buttons to assignments like "Autofeather Arm Off".

Just note that in FSUIPC, Autofeather Arm Off won't show up exactly as Autofeather Arm off.  Pete writes it out a tad differently in the drop down list, but you can still figure it out.

Personally, I'd just stick with the keyboard, but it's your call.

OK, thanks. Mmm, still confused as to why it was possible in FSX and FSX-SE, but hey ho, it is what it is. I need to use the yoke, as the keyboard is not accessible during flying, and besides the switch on the yoke is far easier.Surely I can't be the only person wanting to assign these buttons to to a yoke? I'll try and work it out.

Howard

Surely I can't be the only person wanting to assign these buttons to to a yoke? I'll try and work it out.

They're using the registered version of FSUIPC.

You can always ask the P3D developers, but they'll probably say the same thing.  

They're using the registered version of FSUIPC.

You can always ask the P3D developers, but they'll probably say the same thing.  

Sorted, eventually! Many thanks for your help Bryan. Cheers.

Howard