Sign in to follow this  
mundie

why the 430 and 530 for x plane?

i know the rxp versions have much more functionality than the stock 430/530, but is it stuff that folk would really use on a regular basis? seems to me the stock has most things i would use regularly. i get the logic of developing and purchasing the gtn ( just got the 650) but struggling to see the logic of the 430/530?

translate the above to read "tell me some stuff that may persuade me otherwise" :-)

If you are a Certified Pilot there is a lot on the RXP that you can learn and practice.  The stock unit leaves many things out that you actually use in real flying.  Then it is a matter of just being fun and not functional.

The Reality XP GNS 530W/430W V2 fundamentally look and feel like the authentic device.

Let me highlight some of its amazing and distinctive features:

The Reality XP GNS 530W/430W V2 is a faithful reproduction that pilots and flight simulator users can use it as a training tool to familiarize themselves with the workings of the actual equipment. Like its real world counterpart, the RXP GNS 530W/430W has built-in WAAS navigation capabilities, and is capable to fly LPV “glideslope” approaches without reference to ground-based naiads of any kind.

The provision of the integrated communication and navigation radios in the unit gives the extra capabilities of auto tuning and pre-fetching your navigation and approaches frequencies.

With the simulation of both GPS failure and WAAS failure introduced in v2.1, users can practice degraded approaches scenario.

The Reality XP GNS 530W/430W V2 seamlessly integrates built-in terrain and navigation databases, providing a clear, concise picture of where you are and where you’re heading, using the Garmin Ltd. Trainer huge Jeppesen® database containing location reference for all airports, VORs, NDBs, Intersections, Flight Service Stations, published approaches, SIDs/STARs, Special Use Airspace and geopolitical boundaries. A detailed basemap clearly shows airports, cities, highways, railroads, rivers, lakes, coastlines and more.

The Reality XP GNS 530W/430W V2 includes enhanced situational awareness capabilities and comes standard equipped with TAWS-B and TCAD.Providing visual and aural advisories to help keep pilots safely separated from hazardous terrain, the WAAS GPS position information is compared with the GNS 530W/430W units’ internal terrain/obstacles databases to determine conflict scenarios. If there is inadequate terrain and/or obstacle clearance ahead, based on the system’s projected flight path, TAWS caution and warning alerts are issued to you. Accompanying FLTA voice alerts also indicate the relative threat level.

The Reality XP GNS 530W/430W V2 includes the unique Crossfill feature which allows you to transfer a direct-to destination, the active flight plan including VNAV parameters, any stored flight plan or user waypoints to a second 400W or 500W device. If both units are set to automatic, a change in the active flight plan, or VNAV parameters, on one unit can also be seen in the other. Initiating a direct-to course to a waypoint on one unit also initiates a direct-to course to the same waypoint on the other unit.

In addition to terrain and obstacle alerting, the TAWS system also features voice callouts, or VCOs, which audibly announce the aircraft’s height above terrain when descending below 500 feet. VCO altitude callout operate in all TAWS modes,

With its accurate symbology depiction and authentic and timely operating behaviour it also helps develop correct muscle memory.

The Reality XP GNS 530W/430W V2 is navigator's heaven! In short, there is simply no better GNS WAAS in any flight simulator, period.

And in packing this much at this low price point, it's really fun to have and fly too!

• Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)