Anyone have any experience ordering the GoFlight TQ6-Base direct from goflight?  (https://goflightinc.com/store/tq6-tilt-base/ )  I was looking to add this to my collection but noticed some web sites saying the Tq6 base does NOT come with the starter panel.  Is this true from the part direct from goflight?  Nowhere on it does it state it doesn't come with the starter panel, only that the throttle quad is separate.  Are they really charging nearly $200  USD for just a metal shell to rotate the throttles?  Granted it's currently on sale but that is extremely over priced IMO.  Honestly, after my purchase of the TQ6 Advanced Throttle's I'm a little disappointed with the quality from GF as of late.  I had the advanced throttles only a few months before one of the throttle levels broke.  They kinda felt a little cheap in my opinion at first and were extremely tight.  Shipped them back to GF who repaired, however the handles are now on the opposite end - extremely loose.  If I try and leave the handles on the lower end of the power spectrum, they typically fall back to idle on their own.  

My first purchase from GF is roughly 10 years or so a go with the original landing gear, a switch panel, the original ap module, and a radio.  Back then I thought they were pricey but enjoyed the added immersion of changing radios and setting the AP physically.  Not to mention it made flying a bit easier as you didn't have to constantly change views or move the VC around. Since I was already sorta invested in their products, I seemed to keep investing over the years

Anyway, I don't want to make this a rant post (rant over) - was I almost about to drop alot of coin on a metal box?  Or does this come with the starter modules also?

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

After posting this I shortly realized I should just contact their customer service for confirmation.  I'll report back incase anyone is wondering the same once I find out.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

I have the base  as I had a hacked up metal back plate from a cd-rom drive that was screwed into some wood, which I then screwed the throttles into.  As far as configuration, The throttle housing moved and so was not tight.  I do not know what to map on the selectors, seems somewhat limiting.  I suspect the alternative GF software migth be the way to go, but it's kind of confusing and time consuming.  The base was hard to screw into throttles, you really need small fingers to reach inside the base to turn the screws.  I mounted the base on wood, so from what I remember one set of screws was nearly impossible to reach with a screw driver, the other I was able to angle the screw driver through the holes.

It would be nice if they had fuel switches on it, which really limits the immersion.

There are some reviews about the throttles being sticky and tight along with some solutions.  I think I got an email back from them saying there are some screws you can loosen or tighten to improve it.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

I have the base  as I had a hacked up metal back plate from a cd-rom drive that was screwed into some wood, which I then screwed the throttles into.  As far as configuration, The throttle housing moved and so was not tight.  I do not know what to map on the selectors, seems somewhat limiting.  I suspect the alternative GF software migth be the way to go, but it's kind of confusing and time consuming.  The base was hard to screw into throttles, you really need small fingers to reach inside the base to turn the screws.  I mounted the base on wood, so from what I remember one set of screws was nearly impossible to reach with a screw driver, the other I was able to angle the screw driver through the holes.

It would be nice if they had fuel switches on it, which really limits the immersion.

There are some reviews about the throttles being sticky and tight along with some solutions.  I think I got an email back from them saying there are some screws you can loosen or tighten to improve it.

Did the base come with the starter panel?  Or strictly the metal housing.  Its been over 24 hours and no response from GF Customer Service.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

The GF-MESM starter module was included with the Tilt Base when I purchased it in Nov 2015. (Unfortunately it was not on sale when I bought it.) I'd agree the GoFlight web site isn't very clear on that and I've heard they do eventually respond. Did you trying calling them?

Regards,

Claude Franklin

The GF-MESM starter module was included with the Tilt Base when I purchased it in Nov 2015. (Unfortunately it was not on sale when I bought it.) I'd agree the GoFlight web site isn't very clear on that and I've heard they do eventually respond. Did you trying calling them?

Haven't tried calling as it wasnt the biggest rush.  Just didn't want to purchase without knowing for sure what I'd get.  They did finally respond asking for a link to the product to confirm.  For the $114 price id glady pick it up.  But not If I'm dropping an extra 80 bucks on the module thats basically a one trick pony.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

So it looks like GF confirmed it is base and module - so I picked it up.  So far I'm mostly happier with the more ergonomic angle the throttles are in, but having the starter mod is pretty cool too.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS