Sign in to follow this  
BamaKevin

Taxi2Gate installers Windows 10

Trying to reinstall KSEA without any luck. The installer shows an error after enter the key to activate. I can't remember the error code now I'm not at my computer. I tried contacting Simmarket since they make the installer and told me it's my issue. Google not showing much on this either. If you have Windows 10 64 bit and Taxi2gate installer see if you are able to install without error.

Kevin Humphryes

Hi,

I have T2G KSEA  from Simmarket installed under Win 10/64, no issues.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Try this solution that I got from Simarket support about a similar issue with their new installer system

After registering my email address and registration number into the installer I am given an authorization number.

When i enter this authorization number into the next screen I get the message "must enter a name" and an error box saying " cannot focus a disabled or invisible window"

OS is Windows 10, Sim is P3D v3.2

Olaf - Support Date: 01/30/2017 Status: Closed Hello,

It sounds like the RegisteredOwner registry value (which is the default user name) is blank or missing.

Windows setup demands that a user name be entered so someone has edited the registry value after installing the OS on this machine or it has been deleted by Microsoft during an upgrade to Windows 10 from an older Windows version.

To add the RegisteredOwner we suggest the following procedure, although we will not take responsibility for changing registry values, as our installer is only supported with a valid installation of Windows without registry modifications to that installation.

1) Click Start, Run (Windows key + R) and type regedit, and then click OK.

2) Navigate to the following location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion

3) Backup the key by exporting it to a file from the top menu bar. If the menu bar isn't visible press the Alt key.

4) To change the name of the registered owner, double-click RegisteredOwner. Under Value data, type the name that you want, and then click OK.

If there is no RegisteredOwner click on - edit - new- String Value - RegisteredOwner- OK. Double-click to fill in a name.

5) Click Exit on the File menu to quit regedit.

6) Restart your PC.

regards

Happy to report that it was Google Chrome that was causing an issue.  I have since uninstalled Google Chrome.

Kevin Humphryes

I think I know what you referring to now. It's the Simmarket Activation Code procedure. The installers for several recent addons open a browser window to insert the code you received from Simmarket. After entering you get an Activation code in reply to insert into the installer, together with your mail address. (I actually dislike the procedure, but who cares.)

Now the issue is indeed with Chrome, but that's not the real culprit. I observed several time the browser window does not open as supposed, thus I can't generate the Activation code. After some Google search I found the bad guy being the virus scanner, in my case Kaspersky. No need to uninstall Chrome, but close Kaspersky, install the addon and restart Kaspersky. And no, only deactivating Kaspersky (or, maybe another scanner) for 5 min does not work.

BTW, Simmarket activation is not the only occasion where the Chrome/Kaspersky combo blocks, there are some other programs trying to open a browser window. But there are good news: I read somewhere Kaspersky 2018 (or was it 2019?) will have the issue resolved.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

As I know the problem arises from Win7/Win8 --> Win10 upgrade under some cirumstances. In this case there is no "RegistereOwner / RegisteredCompany" entry in the registry. This then causes the "missing Name error" when the Simmarket installer asks for it, Only solution is to edit the registry as described above by Glynn.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I am on Win 10/64 and I have an entry, something like "Windows User". Was there by default. However this isn't an upgrade but a new machine.

Kind regards, Michael