Sign in to follow this  
Mark1616

FSX stuck as background process

Hi,

I wonder if any of you has had a problem where the FSX goes into background processes immediately after launching, without ever showing the welcome screen?

Usually a reboot would help so that the next time FSX launches normally, but not always ... I couldn't find any systematic system behavior that would lead to that, like the order of starting other programs, etc.

I'm running Win10, i7-6700 at 4.0 GHz, 16GB RAM and a GTX-970.

Thanks for any leads!

Mark

Any chance there is a checkmark in "pause on task" box in your settings?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Task manager ===> Processes tab ===> Expand Simulator ===> Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator X and select switch to.

Try that instead of rebooting.

Also, have you saved a default flight?  You might want to delete all your saved flights.

Nope, no pause on task, charliearon.

It's not the default flight either ... And the MFSX doesn't end up among the Apps in  the Processes tab, but among the Background tasks and as such doesn't have the "Switch to" option.

Mark

It's not the default flight either ... And the MFSX doesn't end up among the Apps in  the Processes tab, but among the Background tasks and as such doesn't have the "Switch to" option.

Have experienced the same thing and used Process Explorer to maximize FSX.  A bit of a pain and I'm still not sure why it happens, but it doesn't happen frequently, so I've learned to live with the few times it does.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Thank you Ernie.

How do you maximize FSX from the Process Explorer? There is an option "Bring to Front" (in the window which pops up when I double.click the fsx.exe in the process list) but it only issues a warning "No visible windows found for this process".

It's annoying ... and my FSX installation is really pure, on a new PC, 500GB SSD in C:\FS10 and with the standard addons (ORBX*, PMDG*, FSLabA320, DX10 fixer).

Mark

are you referring the fsx icon  being  in the  task bar   and  when clicking  on it  doesnt  bring  it  up.  If it  is  had  a few  times  my self    think  i used  the alt  enter  trick  to  bring it  up

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Pete, nope.

When I run FSX (the icon on the desktop, run as admin or not, doesn't make a difference), one out of about three times nothing at all happens, and the process can only be seen in the Task Manager (right-click the task-bar, Task Manager -> Processes -> Background Processes ... here it is). I've downloaded the Process Explorer as Ernie suggested, but it's the same.

Thanks

Mark

How do you maximize FSX from the Process Explorer?

Sorry, I'm not at my FSX machine today, but will try to get to it later and see if I can replicate what I do.

Ernest Pergrem

Task Manager (right-click the task-bar, Task Manager -> Processes -> Background Processes<===

My task manager doesn't have a "Background Processes" tab. I'm on Windows 10.

Here is a screenshot of the Task Manager ... with FSX. As said, there doesn't seem to be a way to bring it into the foreground. Or?

Mark

... OK pasting a screenshot is "not allowed in this community" ... so I'll just write what is seen:

In the "Processes" tab, there are

Apps(6 in my case), and they are then listed and expandable into sub-processes,

> app1

> app2

and just below them

Background processes (48 in my case)

> process 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator (32)

Sorry for the delay.. I had to wait until the problem reoccurred, which it just did, to reproduce the steps.

Open Process Explorer; Find fsx.exe; Right click to get popup menu; Select 'Window', then 'Maximize'.

That should open FSX.

Selecting 'Bring to Front' doesn't do anything, since FSX is essentially in a minimized stated.. Wish I knew why this happened, but I've learned to deal with the infrequent occurrence.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem