Sign in to follow this  
bluebell2

crashing xp 11

Sorry for the lack of updates today, still working on it and since there are only few customers affected this make it harder, but I'm looking at it.

• Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hello,

I experience crashes on most aircraft when trying to run GTN750 in XP11. Any change it's somehow connected to new default GPS that I assume replaces the one from 10?

G64: 311.619: dref.newFloat: Caught duplicate request: 'xscenery/mu2b60/annun_fuel_low'. Returning existing handle ID.
--=={This application has crashed!}==--

EDIT:

I think I got rid of the problem. So far, I restarted the sim couple of times, and tried on all my aircraft and there is no issue!
What I did:
Went to my XP10 installation and went into X-Plane 10\Custom Data, copied entire GNS430 folder, went back to my XP11 installation and pasted it into the same location (X-Plane 11\Custom Data).

So far so good, no crashes. GTN seems to be stable.

Went to my XP10 installation and went into X-Plane 10\Custom Data, copied entire GNS430 folder, went back to my XP11 installation and pasted it into the same location (X-Plane 11\Custom Data).

This is interesting a find and I'm wondering what is the difference between the two sets of files. Should you have kept the older folder files, I'd appreciate you contact and send them to support (along with your new set of files from XP10, so as we can compare the two sets).

Besides, we've been conducting a number of tests and iterated a number of builds with some of you in the thread. The latest build is showing good results (and this led us to find a couple potential bugs in the code). However, there remains few others still having an issue.

The more we are trying to solve the issue with more customers, the more I suspect our code has nothing to do with the crashes now and there is something wrong at the plugin/driver level, even more so that for the vast majority of our customers our products are stable.

I've been intrigued with a plugin a number of you seem to have:

X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/SilverLining/64/win.xpl (SilverLiningV4.Clouds).

This is related to Skymax and it is a plugin which intercepts the OpenGL driver to 'hack' into it. From the look of what and how it does it, I suspect it tries to inject new 3D objects and textures, maybe even shader code, at the driver level instead of doing it at the X-Plane level. 

One customer renamed the plugin file to disable it (win.xpl.disabled for example) and was rewarded with success loading our GTN plugin.

If any one can try and confirm it is related this would be of great help!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

XP11. I have used it with a "Clean", just the gtn, plugin folder and on occasion, still get crashes. It will load numerous times with no crashes then it happens. May be a Windows 10 issue? One thing for sure, the XP10 version is completely stable at least on my computer. I tend to agree , it' may not be the RXPGTN code. We'll get it Jean Luc. :)

it' may not be the RXPGTN code. We'll get it Jean Luc. :)

This is kind of driving me crazy so far, but we are making progress at each step. Mind you, the current GTN and GNS versions do have a couple bugs, some can lead to crashes under special circumstances. The actual updates we are having a certain number of customers testing solve all these bugs.

It is too bad there is such a rise of issues all of sudden, and I can only think of either a plugin a lot of customers have been adopting lately, or a plugin which is not longer compatible with XP11b9.

It is easier nastier because this prevents use from releasing the next updates, which include new features so many are waiting for: flight plan import, user waypoints import and per-aircraft checklists for the GTN, and flight plan import AND export (in native GNS .fpl format) for the GNS...

This is interesting a find and I'm wondering what is the difference between the two sets of files. Should you have kept the older folder files, I'd appreciate you contact and send them to support (along with your new set of files from XP10, so as we can compare the two sets).

XP11 doesn't have that folder whatsoever, as XP11's default GPS was modernized.

Mind, that a lot of XP10 planes still have old GPS installed when transfered into XP11. Since GPS feeds information from the folder I copied, maybe there is some intereference during GTN activation within sim if it's not present?

Anyhow, I had one more, single crash when activating the GTN since I moved the folder, which seems to be much better result as before it was crashing every single time. 

Hope this helps, but might be another dead end. 

Before you try and fix this I would wait until X-Plane 11 is out of beta. The crash only happens in XP11 with both GTN750/650 and GNS530/430 and not in XP10.

Tested with a clean install and no other plugins. 50-50 chance of crash when loading aircraft.

Agreed. I'm completely satisfied with XP 10 performance and stability. IMO, keep up the feature work and concentrate on XP 11 when it is a final release. I believe this is the policy developers are implementing and totally understandable.

RD

This is going to sound ridiculous, but I have been getting crashes with the gtn750 xp11 very sporadically and I figured out what was causing it yesterday. 

The toe breaks on my Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Whenever I have them pressed down while I try to boot the gtn, the program crashes. 

AMD 5800X | Nvidia 3090 FE | Samsung CRG9 49 inch monitor | Samsung M.2 NVMe 1TB|  3, 1TB SSDs| 32GB DDR4 @3600 cl 16| Windows 10|X-plane 11, MS2020

Whenever I have them pressed down while I try to boot the gtn, the program crashes. 

Like I've just written on the other thread, this might be the most peculiar issue I've ever heard on any of our products! Do you mean you have to depress the brakes for the GTN to start, or on the contrary, you have to make sure no to depress the brakes?

In any case, I wonder how this might interfere but either a XP11 bug, or a Saitek driver bug, because there is absolutely nothing whatsoever related to brakes with our product?!?!

And don't forget to manually edit the RealityXP.GTN.ini file with the line marked in bold below:

GTN_750_1]

DebugValue = 1

; comma separated list of render targets.

drawto = WINDOW, PANEL2D

Where is this .ini file? I've read that it is in the Aircraft folder. I have made sure that the files are not hidden, but still can not find it.

Any help?

v2.4 is out tomorrow and you won't need to bother with the INI file anymore!

gtn_settings_1.png