Sign in to follow this  
AirCanada235

744Q2 PFPX Profiles

PFPX calculates things pretty spot on with the existing profiles. Only thing they are missing is the 747-400ERF :D but i am sure that is coming ....

You don't have to manually insert a route if you have NGX or 777 installed. 747 can read their flight plans exported from pfpx. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

So we have to manually insert a route at the moment?

Nope, just export the 777 and place it into the 747 folder

I started using these aircraft profiles half way through testing and found them pretty good.  I edited the weights using the numbers PMDG uses in the aircraft.cfg files, and get max cargo and max fuel directly from the FS Actions pages.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

You don't have to export to a 777 specific format. I just export it as a general pmdg RTE file and I can load it into the FMS just as easily.

As far as the current profiles go, they seem to be pretty suitable so far. Maybe some slight adjustments to the fuel factor might be necessary, but I haven't yet deviated more than a couple of tons away from my planned fuel burn.

Michael Hatutian

To export directly to 747, i used the PMDG Simulations RTE path and just changed the directory to point to the 747 flight plans folder. I am using it as a temporary until pfpx updates. So far for me on my 1st 2 flights the fuel planning has not been to bad using the default 747 templates. NOT THE IFLY, the defaults. 

Jarid Larson

Reads all the common PMDG .RTE formats.

I find it's better if the files are exported to:

...\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS

since they are not overwritten when we modify and save plans, because they go to:

...\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\747

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I edited the weights using the numbers PMDG uses in the aircraft.cfg files

Dan, anyway you mind posting the weights here?

Eric 

For which model?? It's not hard to open the aircraft.cfg file and scan down until you see the weights. The only thing missing is max cargo and max fuel, easily obtained from the FMC.

You cannot set up the 744ER with the default 744 in PFPX.  I downloaded the set from the PFPX downloads section, and they only need slightly modified, and he also has the correct engines.  Needless, TOPCAT is pretty much useless with the ER and ERF.

Dan Downs KCRP

744 is what I was looking for. I'll have a go at it on Saturday.

Eric 

I used one of the existing 747 profiles in PFPX, edited the weights and passenger numbers to match PMDG, and found on a 3hr flight from Sydney to Auckland, fuel was within half a ton of predicted. Thats better than I get on the 777.

• Upvote 1

in PFPX I use a new favorite the one who saves the 777 rte for P3D and change the path to

..\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\747

Important it is, that PFPX saves the route in .rte-Format. And even I  fly in FSX the P3D format is the same

and works properly with the 747, I get the routes saved there perfectly loaded in the FMC.

Regards

Alex

I started using these aircraft profiles half way through testing and found them pretty good.  I edited the weights using the numbers PMDG uses in the aircraft.cfg files, and get max cargo and max fuel directly from the FS Actions pages.

how did you get the max cargo weight please? thats the only one im struggling with, ive tried all sorts of sums but get nothing like the 111,999lbs already in PFPX, i didnt think it would be way off.  Also do you know if the passenger weight is 175lbs like the pmdg 737 or 195lbs like the pmdg 777?

Many thanks

Jason Dilley