Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[31JAN17] PMDG Queen of the Skies II: Cleared for takeoff!

princely 2.4Mb per second

I hate you right now lol.   My max speed is around 2mbps so MUCH slower here!

Regards

Think it's taking longer to install than it did to download lol

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Entries related to PMDG should not end up in that file at all. We don't add them, so another program does, and the only reason would be to either keep traffic away from us, or, more likely, sidestep our activation process.

Not saying this was your intent, specifically, but some software you installed had that intent, whether you know it or not.

Thanks for the info, I will run a virus/malware check.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Always dreamed about 747 in the sim, I've been waiting for this addon since 2012.

Since that time aircraft become obsolete, my feelings have cooled down, my love have been evaporated and substituted by beautiful 777.

Installation without issues (Win10/P3D)

Same goes for PMDG ops center update and livery downloads.

777 flightplans work fine with the 747.

GSX pushback is bit "bumpy" in the cockpit.

Missing some mouse wheel controls like for the Baro knob. Got used to these, would be nice to have that. Did I miss some setting?

No serious problems, the plane handles extremely well.

No drop in FPS and VAS looks similar to the 777.

Fantastic job, PMDG. Thank you so much.

cu

Roman

How come the P3D version costs more?

Basically, the licensing for making stuff for P3D costs more. It's exactly the same as when I calculate course prices for my own training company, CT&P; to run Adobe Authorised Training Courses, it costs me 6,000 quid per annum for my training centre to be Adobe Authorised, and a broadly similar amount for an Apple Authorisation. So before I've even done a single training course, I'm into 12 grand for licensing, and regrettably, that money has to come from somewhere, so it's reflected in the cost of Authorised Courses. The same goes for P3D enabled products as opposed to ones for FSX. There's still a developer license cost for FSX, but it is less than for P3D.

Alan Bradbury

Anyone having a hard time swallowing the price is understandable, especially if there is foreign currency involved. But if you like heavies, complexity and attention to detail, its every bit worth it. I came to terms with it by dividing the cost with the expected flight hours I will get out of it over the next years. 140USD assumed 2000 hours= .07c/hour . Found some old computer parts to sell that offset the cost and its easier to deal with. :D

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Given the amount of fabulous time I will spend with this product, the price is quite reasonable given the quality and support.

On my cable broadband, BTW, that 1 GB took about 80 seconds to d/l.  heh, hate me too.

spacer.png

She rides...

fsx%202017-02-01%2011-53-17-54_zpsbcgqgy

fsx%202017-02-01%2011-55-25-40_zpsvi4gqe

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Ah I see, makes sense. Thanks. Look's like I'll have to wait till payday next week :( or get a loan out haha :)

8, not 800. Extension, but fully featured (not only visual) with performance and so on.

You are right thanks 747-8

And reading Wikipedia "the 747-8 uses the same engine and cockpit technology as the 787, hence the use of the "8"

So maybe as half the work would be made, maybe incoming 787???? Please please please...

My download took around seven minutes, so I am looking forward to installing the plane and having a quick look at her tonight. I spent $10 on another airliner product recently, but I get the feeling that the $135 for this one will ultimately prove to be a more cost effective purchase.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I'm in the middle of business trip, bought it and only be able to fly on saturday :'(