Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[31JAN17] PMDG Queen of the Skies II: Cleared for takeoff!

My word, this machine is INCREDIBLE!!!   I took the liberty of going into the office a little later this morning, after having downloaded and installed it shortly before 05:00 this morning.   Had a quick scan of the options, put a livery on it (Cathay Pacific) and then had it up and on the way to Hong Kong.   Now, since I do have to work, I will be testing the new features like auto fuel management and step climbs out during the day  :wink: .

My experience in starting up and taxiing this aircraft is just something else - The sounds on those RB211's kept me amazed and will keep doing so for the months and years to come.   The sounds are phenominal!   PMDG weren't kidding when they said that it is the best in terms of sound they have done.   I don't have words to describe it!   I felt like Don Grange in the ITVV video, it felt like I was truly there!

Then there is the ground model - being able to taxi the beast with so little thrust really.   Due to the weight it has very little roll resistance so a little thrust can really make you go a long way, and that is exactly what is happening here.   The way it feels when turning, etc, this is like a real rolling machine, I don't feel "attached" the FSX environment anymore.   I really hope this can somehow be rolled back to the NGX and the 777, that little bit of difference in the end makes a massive difference in the overall feel of the sim.   The behaviour during taxiing and ground operations are so realistic I really wanted to take it for a drive around the airport first rather than get airborne  :wub: .

The attention to the little details from power on all the way up, blows the mind completely!   It is hard to put your finger on it - it is the way that everything just "comes together".   The sounds, the physics model, the visual model, and of course that VC...   My goodness, what a joy to sit inside it.   I immediately felt "connected" to the queen, and realised once more, that NO other airliner can ever replace her as my favourite.   

PMDG, you have destroyed what little of a social life I had before this release  :LMAO:  - my life will never be the same again, it has been changed forever but in a good way.   Seriously, I wondered how you would improve after the release of the 777, but after the 744, I have to again wonder how on earth you could possibly improve with future products, and then the next one is released and it is a country mile ahead of the previous one.

You have taken what is essentially a dinosaur platform in FSX and you just keep on improving beyond what one can even remotely consider as being possible and you keep raising the bar, ever higher.   I am speechless right now.

Now, can this darned clock not run faster, I need to get back home to spend more quality time with my Queen.

Regards

Werner,

Im glad you finally get to hear what we have been telling you in words!   :smile:

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Thank you PMDG for this quality product - purchase, download, ops centre update/config and install all very smooth.

Just finished a quick 90min flight - very happy to be back flying her since switching to P3D some years ago. Quality finish  :good:

regards, Andy

MSFS/P3Dv4.5/| i7 9700K @5.0 | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F |32GB3200C16 | ASUS 2080Ti OC connected to 3 x LG 27" monitors 5780x1080 | EVO 970 2TB M2 for sim, EVO PLUS 970 500GB M2 for W10pro64bit | VirtualFly YOKO & TQ6 |  MFG crosswinds | T16000M |

Perfect timing. I've just touched down on my last flight in the old Queen. (Hong Kong-Moscow). 

SUPERB OWL - 5.

• Upvote 1

Bernard Walford

Gabriel,

If it doesn't show up,  simply log into your account at PMDG and look up Previous orders and you should find it there as well.

Thanks, Paul! I did that.

Funnily enough, I did receive the email during the night.

Again, thanks a lot. :)

Hello to Everyone at PMDG.  This is purely for info. I will be 80years of age this month. This morning I downloaded the Queen and completed the install. I can only say this aircraft is a Masterpiece, complex, but a masterpiece.  One thing I had trouble with which had me a bit worried was the Activation Key was rejected three times before latterly Activated. Another item which will be time consuming is the fact that there are 16 PMDG livery models with very little identifying differences for the purpose of loading data from the internal PMDG loading section within the FMC and FSUIPC. Once the livery for each airline is installed this problem will be easier.  I hope to have a full understanding of all that is involved and get airborne before I am 81.  Just a joke. I had to read the foregoing Posts before this one in case I was duplicating one.  Whilst getting on with the business I am listening to Randy Crawford singing "One day I,ll fly away"

• Upvote 3

Dear PMDG,

Huge Bravo for this incredible bird! What you have achieved here is short of miracle when one realizes when FSX was created and how it works. You guys sure know how to handle it!!

It never ceases to amaze me how bird after bird you keep setting higher quality and performance standards to our community... Thank you!!

Happy flying to everybody!

Really happy with the $89.99 cost for FSX.   Excellent value, and the same price as the 777 almost 4 years ago.

Great job PMDG.

Hello to Everyone at PMDG.  This is purely for info. I will be 80years of age this month. This morning I downloaded the Queen and completed the install. I can only say this aircraft is a Masterpiece, complex, but a masterpiece.  One thing I had trouble with which had me a bit worried was the Activation Key was rejected three times before latterly Activated. Another item which will be time consuming is the fact that there are 16 PMDG livery models with very little identifying differences for the purpose of loading data from the internal PMDG loading section within the FMC and FSUIPC. Once the livery for each airline is installed this problem will be easier.  I hope to have a full understanding of all that is involved and get airborne before I am 81.  Just a joke. I had to read the foregoing Posts before this one in case I was duplicating one.  Whilst getting on with the business I am listening to Randy Crawford singing "One day I,ll fly away"

Major respect to you sir!   You're never too old to take the Queen to the skies... :smile:

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

Have to say that it flies very well indeed. Not that I've ever driven a real Boeing 747-400 (strictly little baby aeroplanes for me in real life as far as piloting experience goes). But the shiny new PMDG 747 does seem to handle in a manner which I'd expect such a big aeroplane to fly, i.e. it feels like it has a lot of inertia, which makes it very easy to keep it planted when hand-flying an approach (autopilot approaches in a flight sim are for pussies lol).

Love the engine sounds when doing those hand-flown approaches too; I'm very familiar with the noises which come from the 747 on approach, since I've lived near EGCC for most of my life, and it seems to me that they are pretty realistic. Interestingly, the fact that I live near that airport meant that I was treated to two RAF Aerospatiale HC2 Pumas landing in the field next to my house today (damn those things are loud when they're 80 feet above your house lol) since ATC at Manchester use that field to land air ambulances if they are dropping a patient off at the nearby hospital, so something was afoot in my home town apparently, cos I've never seen a military chopper land there, let alone two of them. Anyway, back on topic...

It's also nice to note that the PMDG 747 has a lot of inertia when taxying too, I was wondering if it would match up with the excellent job FSL made of taxying behaviour with their A320, and it does indeed, managing to steer very realistically and stop and start rolling realistically too. Another thing I noticed which is incredibly well done on the PMDG bird, is the wing flexing under various loads, that's really convincing.

In fact, there's a lot to like about the new Queen, so well done PMDG dudes. Like the paint kit too btw, it's a lot better than most.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I'm one of the largely silent majority that lurk in these forums but rarely post, but I feel moved to congratulate you on this. 

Hugely impressive product. Flightdeck looks gorgeous in P3D, and echoing what Werner said about the ground handling modelling.

But wow that soundset !   Cranked up the Altec Lansings and opened up the throttles on my first takeoff - Mrs B comes flying out of the other room wondering what the hell is going on !

• Upvote 2

It's a masterpiece.  The sounds, the shaking, the feeling, passing turbulence is jaw-dropping, the CRT screens look real (seriously you amaze me with screens)...  It's just absolutely great.

I actually wasn't planning on buying it as I like to fly real-world routes, and 747s aren't as common as they used to be, but seeing the screenshots and hearing you devs talk about it gave me no choice...  And I have no regrets whatsoever.  It's a must.

sig01.png

I know you guys worked your butts off to,make this a quality product so thank you very much. I am currently flying a transfer flight from Roswell to SFO to turn over to maintenance and get her up to speed. It is so much more convenient working through the FMC than the V2 method.

One thing though. After I loaded my flight plan and had runway selected, it never would give me v-speeds or speeds/altitude for the leg waypoints. Did I miss something?

Edit: Noticed my ZFW was blank. After I entered the value, everything populated. Carry on!

One thing...the rocking-engine effect is WAY excessive and if it looked like that in real life, it would have broken off the wing! Cut it in half and see how that works.

Well, good on you guys. 

I for one have to be out front and direct and tell you... I have not and will never purchase a product from you for full price. Unless the NGX is less than $30, you will never get any money from me. 

Good Day,

-Joe

Now that is what I call a first post. LOL.

Joe, get yourself a job and you will also be able to enjoy these superb products. Creating an account just for ranting? How pityfull.

• Upvote 2