Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[31JAN17] PMDG Queen of the Skies II: Cleared for takeoff!

Very nice!

On my machine the loading in the preview window shows a bit of skeleton effect on the front of the aircraft and in operation seems only a tad more demanding than the 777, but very flyable. The soundset and response of the engines to flight dynamics is particarlarly impressive to me. Completed my delivery flight from KBFI to the new KSLC without any issues.

Scott Robinson

Finally!

Thanks guys, download in progress. Tonight is going to be long.

PS: The pmdg home page is absolutely irresistible, like putting a kid in a candy store.

Regards,

C Orags, DNMM

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgBanner_MJC11.png

Is anyone else getting an error when trying to run the PMDG Operations Center?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Nope, works for  me. (this morning),

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

It is very probable that I will spend this week just observing the "queen" externally .. Next I will visit the interior and learn more its functionalities. In the other I will interact more to initialize the cpu ...
This is the advantage of old age. Patience to admire a great work of a hobby that I love. Congratulations to the entire PMDG team. I'm going to earn a few more years of life and credit.

• Upvote 2

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

At the risk of sounding impatient how far away would the second tutorial be?

Very happy so far, she is a beautiful thing.

Been flying the bird all day haven't had a hitch totally in love with the queen

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

One thing...the rocking-engine effect is WAY excessive and if it looked like that in real life, it would have broken off the wing! Cut it in half and see how that works.

Read the section in the PMDG intro doc about turbulence.  There is a tendency for FSX and even some 3rd party weather programs to produce exaggerated turb, which results in extreme responses by the aircraft.  Toning it down in the settings will likely produce more realistic results.

Andrew Jones

HiFi released a new update for AS2016 which tones down the turbulence effects in some situations. (See release notes.) Seems less ridiculous, but how can you be sure?

There does seem to be less CAT and accompanying wing flapping.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Now that the 747 V3 is out, can we get some news on what you have planned with X-Plane and when those projects will be released? 

• Upvote 1

I gracefully touched down in Hong Kong last night after an almost eleven hour flight from Johannesburg.   The automated functions in terms of step climbing and automatically handling the fuel systems (tank/eng mode) worked perfectly (necessary as I had to leave the aircraft unattended whilst I worked yesterday).   The operation during cruise, climbing and descending was butter smooth!   Now, I don't know if this is due to the fact that the aircraft is heavier and have different design dimensions, but the autopilot feels a little bit better for me during descending especially than the T7.

I LOVED the way the aircraft handles during approach being flown manually - it has been a while since I have had an heavy old jet like this managing everything yourself and I took over quite high from the autopilot during the approach to get some manual flying in and to get a feel for what it is like to fly this one manually during an approach.   The purpose of this was to not only get a feel for the FDE (which is OUTSTANDING), but also to develop a feel for the handling on the new Hong Kong airport since I did not want to risk the lives of the people in the city just yet with an approach into Kai Tak - however the reprieve for the good citizens of Hong Kong is over, for tonight, I shall attempt this approach  :Devil:  - any of those people living in the vicinity of Kai Tak, please note that around 20H00-21H00 UTC, please vacate your home as a man made disaster may be unleashed upon you without further warning...

Having now experienced the full cycle in the new Queen, all I can say is that there waits a long and lonely time for the other aircraft in my hangar, especially now that there is also a -D model included in this package!   I think I shall use the -D model to fly from RCTP to VHHX tonight to terrorise the good folks in Hong Kong with!    In keeping with my post yesterday, the experience is so real, I cannot tear myself away from this thing!   I expect the coming weekend to be a busy one in terms of flying and the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign to be on my bolted room door.

Regards

Haha.... the main page on your website....... well done guys  :smile:

Graceful, greatful and happy. Those would be my initial thoughts after three flghts with the Queen yesterday.

Taxiing is a joy, the sounds are just mesmerising and the 747 handles very well when flown manually. I like the overall feel; it feels heavy, sophisticated, tangible and it feels high (above the runway). Looking into the future and taking into account that VR is really developing its way into flightsimming at this moment, I look forward to flying the 747 fully immersed and no longer tied to a desktop. But for the moment, I am very happy with the desktop computer that gives me the possibility to fly an airplane I have always wanted to fly.

Have fun, fellow pilots.

Cheers, Marc

Yep, hand flying the beast feels awesome, feels right, very smooth, a joy to fly.  Much better than the iFly one.

spacer.png