Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[31JAN17] PMDG Queen of the Skies II: Cleared for takeoff!

I think "The Queen" officially deserves her own section on the forum....

Great job PMDG, she was definitely worth the wait!!

Is it sad that I haven't gotten this beauty yet?:( Mr Robert, I will work for PMDG for the rest of my life for a copy of the Queen for P3D.

Clearly I don't know how the world works.

I had a quick look at the Rolls Royce RB211 powered passenger version last night, and I was suitably impressed. I think that I will check out one of the freighters with General Electric engines tonight to see if I can detect subtle differences in appearance and sound effects :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Someone please tell me why the P3D version is 45 dollars more than FSX? Is the P3D user getting more features or a higher quality product than the FSX user?  If both products are exactly the same, why is the P3D user being punished? I hate to sound like a cheapo but I always thought if you pay more, you get more. If they are exactly the same , I suppose I can always reinstall my old FSX and fly the queen for $ 89.99 , which is a good price for an awesome product!!! I'm not complaining....just trying to be an educated consumer.

Thanks,

Jeff

• Upvote 1

Ref. Joe,

I fully understand his sentiment reference spending his money on real flying instead of the Queen, but personally I know I would never afford more then a rental Cessna. If not for study sims like PMDG products I would never sit in the front office of an airliner so be it virtually.

I feel their prices are fantastic bargains for what you get, including first rate support. Besides, you know, a feller could get killed in a real plane. :wink:

• Upvote 2

Vic green

Someone please tell me why the P3D version is 45 dollars more than FSX? Is the P3D user getting more features or a higher quality product than the FSX user?  If both products are exactly the same, why is the P3D user being punished? I hate to sound like a cheapo but I always thought if you pay more, you get more. If they are exactly the same , I suppose I can always reinstall my old FSX and fly the queen for $ 89.99 , which is a good price for an awesome product!!! I'm not complaining....just trying to be an educated consumer.

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Jeff

All the reasoning for this can be found here: http://www.avsim.com/topic/461729-08feb15-p3d-pricing-policy-some-facts-on-this-issue/

Regards

Mark 

This is a no brainer purchase, looking forward to flying this and introducing myself to the VATSIM network.

Well, good on you guys. 

I for one have to be out front and direct and tell you... I have not and will never purchase a product from you for full price. Unless the NGX is less than $30, you will never get any money from me. Even the JS 4100 is too expensive. I know how many of you are going to crucify me for saying this but: The amount you expect us to pay FAR outweighs the systems you are trying to compute with your simulation. Unless you discount all of your products on a one day only sale, and I know about it, you will NEVER get money from me. I would rather pay someone else to buy a product for 25% price for less than half of what you call 'features' are included. 

I'd rather spend my money on flying real airplanes and learning how to fly, instead of spending time in front of a computer screen for hours.

Just my US $0.02

Good Day,

-Joe

Joe, you gotta be kidding me, your killing me man. The 747-400 used to cost 260 million to purchase. The 747-8 costs 358 million to purchase.  A Level D simulator costs 35 million to purchase, renting a Level D simulator costs upwards of $800/hour. To pay an average of $100 to own a piece of software for an amazingly accurate replication of an iconic jet transport where hard work, hours of development costs, extreme attention to detail, and 42 months of what I assume was a painstaking process, but a labor of love....is PEANUTS. 

I can tell you after flying thousands of hours and being in the 747-400 simulator for thousands of hours teaching and checking as an FAA examiner, flying these quality airline"virtual" simulators from point A to point B is not much different than the real thing. You just don't have the sun directly in your face as you make an approach into London at 0700. I am thankful it is not $595, that is probably what it should be, the market just will not support it. 

• Upvote 7

Joe, you gotta be kidding me, your killing me man. The 747-400 used to cost 260 million to purchase. The 747-8 costs 358 million to purchase.  A Level D simulator costs 35 million to purchase, renting a Level D simulator costs upwards of $800/hour. To pay an average of $100 to own a piece of software for an amazingly accurate replication of an iconic jet transport where hard work, hours of development costs, extreme attention to detail, and 42 months of what I assume was a painstaking process, but a labor of love....is PEANUTS. 

I can tell you after flying thousands of hours and being in the 747-400 simulator for thousands of hours teaching and checking as an FAA examiner, flying these quality airline"virtual" simulators from point A to point B is not much different than the real thing. You just don't have the sun directly in your face as you make an approach into London at 0700. I am thankful it is not $595, that is probably what it should be, the market just will not support it. 

Great comment.  I think part of the issue is that most of us have never been in a real Level-D sim or flown the real aircraft or have been trained to even fully understand and appreciate the level of detail in the sim.  With all of this in mind it becomes natural to question what is perceived to be a very high cost.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Now that is a compliment, coming from a pilot with so much experience. Your remarks just raised the Queen's value.

Now on a personal note, and in part addressed to Joe. If you have been involved in flightsimming for more than twenty years, gasping at pieces of code in the early days, that seemed to suggest a Cessna flying towards Meigs Field in Chicago, you will know and value how sophisticated this simulation really is. The hobby gets more expensive, yes, and the level of realism is becoming greater each year. The sky is literally the limit.

Cheers Marc

Contemplating buying it this week but after having a browse on Youtube, there seems to be a bug with the wings. They're drooping like they are filled with fuel even though the wings are empty. Anyone else noticed? And will this be fixed anytime soon?

Leon Jackson

Contemplating buying it this week but after having a browse on Youtube, there seems to be a bug with the wings. They're drooping like they are filled with fuel even though the wings are empty. Anyone else noticed? And will this be fixed anytime soon?

I have not seen such an issue.  I can visibly see the wings change their droop when altering the fuel level.

Andrew Jones

They are looking into it:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/503381-where-is-my-topic-wing-model-vs-fuel-quantity/?p=3564698

And will this be fixed anytime soon?

If there is a problem, it will be fixed.  PMDG normally releases an update after RTM within a month.  It varies.  There's not much on the bug list, in fact there are probably more deferred items than bugs at this point.  In my opinion, if there is a problem with wing flex, it is going to be minor and will probably not satisfy everyone, at least not the armchair experts.  That anecdote in the referenced post regarding the Cardinal's wings is very appropriate.

Dan Downs KCRP