Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[31JAN17] PMDG Queen of the Skies II: Cleared for takeoff!

Where can I find the PDF manual for this. The manual on the product page states that it was released in 2005 which suggests its the manual for the old model.

Is the manual included in the download only ?

Thanks.

Is the manual included in the download only ?

Yep. We usually put it up on the site a little after we release and have updated it as appropriate to accommodate any post-release adjustments.

Kyle Rodgers

Stupid Question:

Just to be clear, you must first purchase/download the PMDG 747-400 Version 2 to get the updated  PMDG 747-400 Version 3 - Right???  Just trying to get clarification...

(I do have the PMDG 200 & 300 T3's)

Just to be clear, you must first purchase/download the PMDG 747-400 Version 2 to get the updated  PMDG 747-400 Version 3 - Right???  Just trying to get clarification...

Nope. Entirely separate product.

Full names in the forum please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Kyle. 

But I realize that I did not mention that I have FSX-Stream - so is there a current site to D/L Version 3, or will that be available very shortly?  (Pardon my confusion).

Jerry Neidick

But I realize that I did not mention that I have FSX-Stream - so is there a current site to D/L Version 3, or will that be available very shortly?  (Pardon my confusion).

Jerry,

I did not mention that this has anything to do with FSX:Steam Edition. Version 3 is an entirely separate product from Version 2. This isn't a service pack, or an update to Version 2. A purchase of a prior version has nothing to do with Version 3, no matter the platform, or purchase date.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi, if you already own the PMDG 747-400 do you have to pay for the V3 version or does it not work like that?

Yes. It is an entirely separate project, and is a separate purchase. We built it from the ground up - complete re-write.

Kyle Rodgers

This might be a dumb question and it's probably been asked, but fuel imbalance what's up with that and how do I get rid of the warning

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

This might be a dumb question and it's probably been asked, but fuel imbalance what's up with that and how do I get rid of the warning

Means you ignored the TANK/ENG warning for too long and your inner tanks are out of balance compared to the outer wing tanks.

Kyle Rodgers

Ok, finally I have a new GPU.

Took me the whole day to set everything up here (had some issues with a very outdated BIOS for my motherboard, which wouldn't let my GPU work)...

It's already late here where I live, but I just had to see the Queen with my own eyes... 

So installing and activating her was pretty much the first thing I did after some basic setup.

EZDok cams are all set, and she's ready for a little spin tomorrow... :BigGrin:

What a beauty, guys...

Means you ignored the TANK/ENG warning for too long and your inner tanks are out of balance compared to the outer wing tanks.

OK thanks Kyle

What about getting the GPWS to say approaching decision height? What do I set for that because it works fine on the NGX and the 777. I must be missing something on the 747

Angus - You can find that on the CDU.  Go to MENU/PMDG SETUP/AIRCRAFT/EQUIPMENT/PAGE 3/22 and select your preference.  All of this is clearly explained in the PMDG 747 Introduction PDF supplied with the aircraft.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Yes, the default is "Approaching Minimums", but it can be changed to "Approaching Decision Height".

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png