Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[31JAN17] PMDG Queen of the Skies II: Cleared for takeoff!

Ok I've set it but the aircraft is not saying it I'll go back over the manual thanks

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

Kyle can I enjoy this plane even if I do not subscribe to Navigraph or Airac updates?

Also will PMDG be selling a nice bound manual for the 747 at some time?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Hi Paul,

Absolutely.  Unless you require the most up to date data for the approaches you want to use there isn't any need to update the Navdata with Navigraph or Aerosoft.  I seldom update mine.

I don't see the hard copy manuals coming back anytime soon.  Most users are running manuals on a separate tablet now for ease of use and portability just like our pilots do now.

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

You get a set of navdata with the aircraft. I believe it's the 1701 that comes with the 747 which is the January 2017 update.

There is no problem to fly with those. But if you fly online it is wise to update the navdata at least once in a while.

As far as owners of 747 QotS I, such as my self, I bought the previous one about almost 4 yrs a go, do we have to buy the full pack or do we get some kind of upgrade/discount deal of any kind?

Only problem with not updating the navdata is if you use real world routes from flight aware you will find some waypoints, airways sides stars are not in the fmc at some point in the future.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I find updating the Airac Cycle every 2-3 months is fine as Mark W stated you will find on occasions there will be slight variances with waypoints names.

For instance here in Australia there was a major update of en-route waypoints names, SIDS/STARS in May 16 last year as Airservices started de commissioning most NDB's and some VOR's as part of their navigation rationalisation project transitioning to GNSS.

http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/projects/nrp/

Gents,

For your own sake, and the sake of others attempting to help, if you have an issue or a question, it's best to create your own thread. Tacking it into a thread like this could mean people won't look at it, or it might be buried under posts of other people doing the same thing.

Up to you, but I would definitely recommend creating a thread for the issue itself.

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

I have to say, for somebody who has been using FS9 since 2009 (ironically, I had been using FSX from 2007 to 2009, but switched to FS9 because of performance issues with older computers), I've actually jumped back into FSX once the 747 got released. You guys put a lot of details into it, and from what I have noticed so far, the performance is actually pretty good. Granted I haven't exactly flown long flights because of time, but I've flown it with Active Sky 2016 and FSDreamteam JFK. Can't say I've had any issues so far. The few issues I had (which were mostly questions) I either found in the intro manual (which I read prior to having time to fly it) or I tested it out myself and figured it out on my own. Admittedly, I never flew the tutorial flight, as I just didn't have the time to do that (hard to do when you're a truck). Overall, good work to the PMDG crew on the 747-400. Only thing is the handling is going to take quite some time to get used to. Ironically, with the original 747-400 in FS9, I was finding myself losing altitude on approach and having to apply power to get back up to the glideslope. Now, I'm finding myself not getting down quick enough and having to nose down to land, though a go-around might have been a better option.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

On manual page 22 says

UIAutomationCore.dll fix:

We highly recommend the use of a replacement uiautomationcore.dll file if using Windows 7 64-bit. The Windows 7 version of the file is bugged in conjunction with P3D and can cause the sim to crash after repeated menu use over a few hours of flying.

but P3D says it is not necessary to use it, how has the truth?

Alex Cunille

Post deleted... misread the question.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Good Morning, congrats on the new 747 i bought it january 31 and enjoy it since then. But have an issue and i woould like to open a ticket. I ve tried to reset my password to open new ticket (because forgot it) the automatic system replies that a new password is sent to my email.

For some reasons it dosent work . (and its not in the Junk mail)

I dont know how to get to you guys. Can you give me info please.

My email

guyrobillard@gmail.com

Thanks

Guy Robillard

Finally completed my first long haul flight. Wonderful aircraft...yet another fantastic product from PMDG. You guys are the best.

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg