Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[31JAN17] PMDG Queen of the Skies II: Cleared for takeoff!

A million Thank yous to PMDG for these awesome 744s. I truly appreciate the hard work and the detail and the 744 "feeling" in this product.

I am wondering where can I get the take off distance charts or take off calculator ( ala TOPCAT) for the 747-400ER/747-400ERF

Gratitude in advance

You use the TOPCAT program and then just input custom ZFW and fuel from you FMC figures. I use it that way and it works perfectly everytime.

Regards

Thank you very much Mr Werner

Just another question if you don't mind. Is the engine performance data For the PMDG Rolls Royce 747 from the original RB211-524G (1989) or from the RB 211-524G/T  (trent 700 HP section) (1998)

Regards

In relation to the previous post. Is the performance for the Pratt & Whitney engines based on the Phase 3 performance improvement package which came out in the latter half of the 1990'ies?

I remember that United had PW4056-P3 engines and had retrofits done to earlier engines. Aircraft equipped with the P3-engines were preferred for its very long haul routes such as Los Angeles/Chicago/New York - Hong Kong and Los Angeles - Melbourne.

I guess that the PW4062 were born with the P3-improvements.

(and did GE provide similar performance improvement packages to the CF6-80C2B1F-engines?)

Søren Geertsen

Søren Geertsen

I have to admit I don't know the answers gents I am sorry about that. I will do some research on the topic. I am curious now as well.

Regards

Yes, it could be interesting to understand this, so it would be cool if you could do some research on this or if the PMDG team could answer this. 

I find the fuel consumption so far to be very accurate(!) but also low (close/equal (?) to "book figures" based on published Boeing charts/tables). However, what those charts/tables are based on (ref. the posts above) I do not know. I am noting that Drag/FF is set at 0/0 (will that change over time?) so that is certainly helping fuel consumption and payload on very long flights. 

Operating empty weights (OEW) in the PMDG is based on Boeings original specification of 178ish tonnes which later has been revised to 183ish tonnes while several airlines have quoted zero fuel weight of 186-189ish tonnes - heavier seats and especially early IFE-systems affected this number.  (It could be great if OEW (=DOW?) could be changed to airline specific configuration - I haven't checked yet - so far just basing my flights on ZFW).

The PMDG 747 is performing extremely well - so it is a pleasure to fly long haul in this bird!  :-)

Søren Geertsen

Søren Geertsen