Sign in to follow this  
Hamilton_

PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II finally released!

Going through the p3d product page it said for personal use only not for professional or training. Where does it differ from the fsx version to cost extra?

One fairly short flight.  Good frame rate (better than the 777 and NGX in my case) and smooth as silk.

That's great news! I was mainly concerned about potential VAS issues.

Richard Åsberg

Going through the p3d product page it said for personal use only not for professional or training. Where does it differ from the fsx version to cost extra?

I really think people need to read and search a little. Instead of wanting to be spoonfed every single drop of information. This topic has been discussed for years, and PMDG has an official statement about it somewhere on their forum I'm sure.

Okay... perspective is one thing... however, I still question why is P3D version more expensive than an FSX one? What makes it more worth? Does every new simulator version rectify a higher price?

Simple, P3D is constantly being changed which requires add on's to be patched. No such expense involved with FSX. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Going through the p3d product page it said for personal use only not for professional or training. Where does it differ from the fsx version to cost extra?

http://www.avsim.com/topic/461729-08feb15-p3d-pricing-policy-some-facts-on-this-issue/

simple search  would have  found  this

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Holy crap!lol

135 bucks

Could have been higher ( I was guessing ~$150+ )but still worth every penny.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

FSX was released late 2006.

oh yeah, just checked my account, purchased 10/25/2005 = so FS2004 - $54.99 back then, hmm... :Hmmmph:

So part from the price did someone already have a chance to try the new bird out and could tell us how she performs and how the VAS usage and FPS is etc?

To me that is far more interesting than the price.

I've been flying the LOWW-EKCH tutorial route the past few days since I also purchased the FSL A320, so decided to fly it with the queen. Comaparable results allround I must say, both aircraft departed Flytampa LOWW with 1.5 VAS and arrived at dusk Flytampa EKCH with .51 remaining - all very smooth @ 22-25 fps in VC and pretty much at my fixed 31 fps outside views. 

Only issue I noticed was no ground lights illumination on landing/taxi with the 747 - need to investigate...

regards, Andy

MSFS/P3Dv4.5/| i7 9700K @5.0 | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F |32GB3200C16 | ASUS 2080Ti OC connected to 3 x LG 27" monitors 5780x1080 | EVO 970 2TB M2 for sim, EVO PLUS 970 500GB M2 for W10pro64bit | VirtualFly YOKO & TQ6 |  MFG crosswinds | T16000M |

Is this becoming the standard high quality addon price nowdays? I mean, remember times of PMDG 737, non NGX, I think it was about $60 if I recall correctly? And why is it so, that they consider pricing P3D version considerably higher than FSX, why is P3D version more "worth"?

Did you consider PM'ing Robert for the answer to your question. Do you think the kind of development effort with a multitude of folks working on a HIGH END product who are professional grade people should not enjoy some sort of compensation?

I was an Operating Engineer by trade. Never built cabinets! My daughter could not afford to hire a cabinet maker. She was willing to go with particle board. I said no, I WILL BUILD YOU WOODEN Cabinets. I did so. She is extremely happy and satisfied, so am I. The laminate Marble counter tops with a farm house sink and new soft close drawers and cabinet doors are what she considers art!

So do others who looked!

So my advice to anyone who is not happy build your own!!!

Best

BaldyB

Denis Bolduc

The VC is a higher standard than the 777. The out side apart from the labels going blurry very close up unlike the FSL Bus is on a par with the FSL Bus and that exterior model is the best I've seen.

Stunning, FPS same as 777 VAS is no problem, again as 777.

I will only do short flight with Cargo version using UPS. EHAM to EGNX sort of routes. No long haul for me but boy it looks great.

Need more hours in the day.  :smile:

Nice over view

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

The answer why you see these prices is quite simple really...because you/we will buy their products despite the high price. If they wouldn't sell the number of copies they've hoped for surely that would eventually also show on the price.

More than that, I think the answer is "simply" that it cost a LOT to have a development team spend 3 years developing state of the art software for a what is arguably limited "niche" market. So i think its more a question of recovering cost and getting a decent return on investment, rather than they just thinking they can price for "super profit"

More than that, I think the answer is "simply" that it cost a LOT to have a development team spend 3 years developing state of the art software for a what is arguably limited "niche" market. So i think its more a question of recovering cost and getting a decent return on investment, rather than they just thinking they can price for "super profit"

What you say is a very valid point and I also said that I personally don't consider the price very high considering all the time that went into the product.

Still though the market and demand will always have "the last word" meaning if there won't be as much sales you hoped for (or need) the result will either be the price will drop OR...the developer will come to the conclusion there's no business in developing these kind of add-ons which would of course be a very sad thing to happen for all of us enjoying this hobby.

Richard Åsberg

The amount of people that have titan gtx's or 1080 then say 140 is to much.

Just like the FSL Bus the 747 will last me another 3 years to the next PMDG or 6 years for the next FSL.

The NG is the best aircraft I've bought and how long as that been out?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

The more expensive price for P3D in my opinion is due to the fact that P3D is very likely going to be 64bit soonish and as stated by PMDG they will provide users with 64bit versions of the aircraft when that happens. Seems totally reasonable to me, and a good gesture by PMDG.