Sign in to follow this  
ypaul123

operation center crashes when loaded

Greetings,

I'm getting the following error when trying to access pmdg operation center after installing pmdg 747 v2

An exception has occured!

Please contact PMDG support by submitting a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com for help with resolving this issue.
Press "Copy to clipboard" below and then paste the information into your support ticket.
Additionally, a log file has been created at:
c:\users\pc1\appdata\roaming\pmdg\pmdg operations center\PMDG Operations Center.log
Please attach this file to better help us fix this issue.

The application will now exit.

02/01/17 03:20:23     Exception:  Access Violation at 0x0
01350000  C:\Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center\PMDG Operations Center.exe  +0001220D  (1379D68, 1376324, 1363D8C)
01350000  C:\Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center\PMDG Operations Center.exe  +00015158  (13646F0, D03E4, 13646F0)
73D10000  C:\Windows\System32\USER32.dll  +0002D2B3  (D03E4, 110, 1D08D2)
73D10000  C:\Windows\System32\USER32.dll  +0001E462  (13646F0, D03E4, 110)
73D10000  C:\Windows\System32\USER32.dll  +0001E3A5  (110, 1D08D2, 0)
73D10000  C:\Windows\System32\USER32.dll  +0001D960  (D03E4, 110, 1D08D2)
73D10000  C:\Windows\System32\USER32.dll  +0001C015  (16A4B90, 0, 110)

please help

yossi paul

I'm getting the following error when trying to access pmdg operation center after installing pmdg 747 v2

It sounds as if your PMDG Operations Center application may not be up to date.

To manually update PMDG Operations Center, do the following:

1. Navigate to your C:\Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center folder. Delete everything in that folder with the EXCEPTION of the OpsCenterUpdater.exe file.

2.  Disable any Anti virus or other protective software that you are running.

3. Run the OpsCenterUpdater.exe file manually, ensuring that you Right Click and select "Run as Administrator."

This should update your PMDG Operations Center install to the latest version.

Kyle Rodgers

working thank you so much

yossi paul

Glad to hear it. Enjoy.

Kyle Rodgers

Same problem, but your solution does not work for me  :mellow:.

Claudio

Claudio Piccirilli - member since 2013

2 hours ago, grandepuffo said:

Same problem, but your solution does not work for me  :mellow:.

Claudio

Are you deleting all of the files except the updater prior to running the updater?

What Antivirus program do you use?

Kyle Rodgers

Sorry for the delay. 

Yes, I deleted everything again, less the updater, and this time everything went well.

Thanks for your attention and support.

Claudio

Just now, grandepuffo said:

Sorry for the delay. 

Yes, I deleted everything again, less the updater, and this time everything went well.

Thanks for your attention and support.

Claudio

You're welcome. Glad to hear it!

Kyle Rodgers

Hi, this morning still the same problem.
I tried to install the new 737 NGX upgrades for P3D v.4.1, but my antivirus (Trend Micro Maximum Security) after downloading the files and during their installation, deleted the file.
Then I repeated the procedure described in the previous messages after you disable Trend Micro.
Unfortunately, I receive the update availability message for both P3D v.3 and v.4, but the procedure is back to show the error mentioned in this tread.
I confirm that I started the Operations Center with administrator and the antivirus is off. I'm using WINDOWS 7 sp1.
This problem is boring to me.
Thanks for your help

It looks like your Antivirus is keep interfering despite being off. This happens with many antivirus. Please delete your AV completely and retry.

BTW real names, first and last are required as per regulations

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Do you really think I need to completely remove my antivirus? Should I do it every time there should be an upgrade of your software?
I think this need is stupid and due to the exaggerated complexity of your software installation procedures.
I'm sorry, but I will not.
In my opinion, you should think quickly to a different solution.

Claudio Piccirilli

15 minutes ago, grandepuffo said:

Do you really think I need to completely remove my antivirus? Should I do it every time there should be an upgrade of your software?
I think this need is stupid and due to the exaggerated complexity of your software installation procedures.
I'm sorry, but I will not.
In my opinion, you should think quickly to a different solution.

Claudio,

Aftermarket anti-virus programs are largely useless to a home user, as Windows Defender gets the job done (quite well, I might add - and you can ask any accredited compsec/netsec person this same question, and you'll get the same answer: WinDefender, no need for anything else at home), and anything extra just costs more, and sacrifices performance and functionality.

As a way to sidestep the issue, you might be able to add an exclusion, but to be bluntly honest, the aftermarket AV you have installed is interfering. It is taking a legitimate application and getting in the way simply because it thinks it has to, and will choose to do so - without prompting you to see if you want that, I might add. If literally any other program got in the way of a program you use, you would likely remove it, but people give anti-virus programs a pass because they're called "anti-virus" programs, and are billed as tools to keep you safe. They really don't do much of the latter (you can remove viruses just as well with Win Defender, and avoid them largely with safe browsing habits), while also taking up a ton of your computer's processing power, and getting in the way of program function.

So...remove it because it's entirely pointless, or create an exclusion and hope it will work. Just about every crash report we see with the OC results in two issues: AV interference, or the OC is very outdated (and simply needs to be updated via the updater by the user). You'd be amazed at what your AV program is preventing from working properly, or at the very least hampering its performance, in the name of "safety."

Kyle Rodgers