Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

1st pic of the PMDG 747 F...all the ground equip!

I completely understand you, Paul. I'm an huge fan of the 777 (it's my favourite aircraft actually) but this 747... is a truly masterpiece. You won't regret, believe me.

Hey Pawel,

I echo Pedro's comments.  The 777 is one of my favorites as well...but this 747....like Pedro said..."Masterpiece"

One thing I did was to try all 3 engine variations...just the sound differences were enough for me to push the BUY button...and how they sound with a good audio system (including a subwoofer)...heavenly....especially the RRs!  That distinctive whine they put out is recreated perfectly IMO.

I knew I shouldn't reply to this thread haha.

I'll just buy it today even for  pure support of PMDG. With over 1000 flight hours in my VA and more than a lot just for fun, nothing has given me so much time/fun per dollar as the NGX and 777..

• Upvote 1

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Tell us how you really feel - Steve ???

Hate it...wish I could return it.   :P

Kidding aside, it seems to embody everything that I love about aviation...its rich history, its iconic nature in commercial aviation, its prestige...and to be honest...how good the darn thing flies!  

My first circuit with her I only touched the MCP to hold her at speed and altitude while this one-man crew thumbed thru a reference manual to check some landing speeds.  Other than that...I flew her like a big Cessna on some very long downwind and base legs, hehe.

The landing was spot-on, and quoting Jack Wadell as he stepped off the 1st 747 test flight "The plane is ridiculously easy to fly, it almost lands itself...a pilot's dream ... "  (Oh, and I had a 15 knot crosswind too..she crabs beautifully, and that dual rudder gives you some serious yaw authority)

So...yeah..I like it.....just a little.  :dance:

PMDG captured that in this release....seriously.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Purchase decision if you're on the fence...Get off the fence and get it!
OK...back to flying...need to get this cargo in the air!

Good post Steve!  I totally agree with all of your comments.  Good to know about all of the 'eye-candy' added to this product. It looks awesome! The engines, the FMC, and the modelling are of higher quality than I really expected.  I did a quick flight last night from LAX to SFO and was amazed at how accurately the aircraft responded to the FMC.  If I had to be at such and such waypoint at FL140, I was there at FL140.  I have had much difficulties with the 777 in this respect. This is definitely a superior product and well worth the long wait!  It would be nice to see some of the upgrades and modelling included in any update to the 777.  The flight simulation community should be very happy with this latest product release from PMDG!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hey Mike no worries.

If you're into short haul...the package comes with the "D" model...you could have a blast over in Japan island hopping with her like a few of their carriers did!

I bit the bullet. Looks like it's hot dogs for the month of February. I just took it for a quick circuit out of DFW. I didn't have a lot of AI traffic on the ground but I was shocked at the performance. FSDT KDFW can be a performance beast but it was good. Already scouting shorter freight routes on Air Source to try it out.

NAX669.png

Can you set it to be at the runway ready to fly like the default AC,  without having to start it etc, just pick it and go, like the NGX 737?

Aaron Tirrell