Sign in to follow this  
docdon

coexistance error:

Is there anything I can do to resolve a coexistance error, or do I just need to be patient and get the fix from support?

Is there anything I can do to resolve a coexistance error, or do I just need to be patient and get the fix from support?

You have the legitimate error that the message refers to - the registry shows that both FSX retail and FSX:SE are present and installed to the same folder, which is impossible. To fix it follow the instructions below:

1. Go to your start menu and type "regedit" and press enter.

2. In the left side pane navigate to the folder HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\flight simulator\10.0

3. Now in the right side pane, you should see an item called "AppPath" - delete this item and close regedit.

Try the installer again and you should no longer get the co-existence error.

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you a million, Bro. Kyle.  Worked like a charm and I flew and didn't crash (hand flying).  It works like a charm.  It sure was a pleasant surprise to see all the additions present.  I'm going to try to wear it out now, if that's possible.  :)