Sign in to follow this  
Angelo Cosma

No splash lights on ground at night?

Yeah - if any of you are using shader mods, DX10, or anything like that, try it without all of that stuff.

Kyle Rodgers

FSX Acc, absolutely no texture mods, DX10 or anything of the sort. No splash/light on ground (not during the day with the relevant option enabled either), but LDG lights does illuminate the fuselage.

Same here as Meese have same FSX Acc. I also have directx10 fixer. no problems with any other PMDG aircraft or other aircraft . Lighting does all show as on externally but nothing on the ground with the 747v3. Does show on fuselage. Comming into land at night the lights show up on the runway just before touchdown then disappear as soon as the wheels make contact with the runway. System Win 7 Professional with high end GPU and SSD

WITH the shader mods, but lights work great and as advertised at FlightBeam KPHX. NO GO so far at KSFO, KDEN, VHHX and a few more...

This is perplexing.

I have looked at trying to resolve this issue and here's what I've found:

Daylight splashes will work for me if I enable them in the PGMD > Options > Aircraft > Page 7 > Daylight splash effects > enabled. 

Is this aircraft specific? Because after changing liveries, I had to enable this option again. (I thought options were across all liveries; guess not.)

Here's the strange part:

Now, I go to the options in P3D - World > Time Preview.

I slowly move the slider to and fro. The splash effects remain until it reaches Night (however that's defined..don't know) and the splash effect go away.

Now, reset the option for daylight splashes to be disabled and the night splashes return, they are quite muted; but are there.

Does this rule out a problem with using PTA (for example) and points to an issue with the Queen? Or, am I just nuts? 

The muted night splash effects make nigh operations close to impossible; can't see to taxi.

Thoughts? anyone.

One new item:

The Enabled option for daylight splash effect does not 'stick' for me. I set this option and the next time I load the same aircraft, this option is back to being Disabled.  :Doh:

Edited by RichieFly
  • Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

This is perplexing.

I have looked at trying to resolve this issue and here's what I've found:

Daylight splashes will work for me if I enable them in the PGMD > Options > Aircraft > Page 7 > Daylight splash effects > enabled. 

Is this aircraft specific? Because after changing liveries, I had to enable this option again. (I thought options were across all liveries; guess not.)

Here's the strange part:

Now, I go to the options in P3D - World > Time Preview.

I slowly move the slider to and fro. The splash effects remain until it reaches Night (however that's defined..don't know) and the splash effect go away.

Now, reset the option for daylight splashes to be disabled and the night splashes return, they are quite muted; but are there.

Does this rule out a problem with using PTA (for example) and points to an issue with the Queen? Or, am I just nuts? 

The muted night splash effects make nigh operations close to impossible; can't see to taxi.

Thoughts? anyone.

One new item:

The Enabled option for daylight splash effect does not 'stick' for me. I set this option and the next time I load the same aircraft, this option is back to being Disabled.  :Doh:

Have you figured out anything yet? I uninstalled PTA.

Matthew Simmons

Matthew,

Still working on it.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Quick brainwave, do we all have FSL spotlights? I can't test right now, but that's the only thing I've got installed that isn't an aircraft or ASN.

Meese , I have updated my spotlights ( free version for A320X) to get directx 10 clouds to work which did the trick, then I tested the PMDG 747 V3 after that at night again with no luck. Im out of ideas, probably will have to wait for an update from PMDG to fix the problem for me in fsx acc gold.I even deleted the shaders and let fsx rebuild. tried at a number of airports even default... no go.

Yeah Meese. I have Spotlights installed (for the A320x).

Could be...could be.

Have you tried uninstalling it? If not, I will try it.

Richard Chafey

MSFS 2020, DCS

The splash lights and taxi lights etc, were not appearing for me either until I stuck the payware Steve's DX10 Fixer on FSX-SE. That sorted it.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thats interesting Chock, I have the payware and latest version for Steve's direct x 10 fixer and have just bought the cloud shadows add-on from him which is great but I still don't have any splash lighting only on the fuselage. I dont have FSX on Steam though.

Could be a setting in the sim preventing it from sorting it, for example, as you probably know, if you have water set on anything less than 2x, the DX10 Fixer doesn't display cloud shadows (if you have that add-on for it too, as it seems you do), so maybe there's some other simsetting that needs to be on a certain value to get that to sort out ground lighting?

You should be seeing this below, with the wingtip, stern and belly strobes and of course the taxi lights, all lighting that sucker up. I'd also check to see if it works at a default airport first, just to be sure that there ain't some fancy lighting effect in a payware airport screwing things up...

fsx%202017-02-06%2022-35-57-46_zps4nrjoc

Alan Bradbury

Great screenie. I have gone through all my settings, all other aircraft are fine with lighting so Im a bit puzzled. Cloud shadows are working maybe there is a setting on the dashboard of the fixer thatr need to be ticked or un ticked, could you please send me a screen shot of your settings in the fixer when you get time.

Great screenie. I have gone through all my settings, all other aircraft are fine with lighting so Im a bit puzzled. Cloud shadows are working maybe there is a setting on the dashboard of the fixer thatr need to be ticked or un ticked, could you please send me a screen shot of your settings in the fixer when you get time.

Direct link, just in case you can't make the pic out:  http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j105/AlanBradbury/AlanBradbury007/SETTINGS_zpspa31zarc.png

Image below:

SETTINGS_zpspa31zarc.png

Alan Bradbury