Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

VAS Management....you nailed it!

OK Guys,

Going against recommendations (Loading the UPS paint...flying it around, playing with ground equip, then loading the Cathay metal paint over it without restarting and/or switching to a default plane...both a texture AND model change)...My VAS went from 2.7GB to 2.8 and is holding steady there!

Granted I'm not exploring any major airports or have tons of AI in view just yet...but my GOODNESS her VAS footprint would make any other complex aircraft envious!

I'm flying her around now and VAS is rock solid...FPS just fine, external model phenomenal, cockpit as real as I could imagine...then there are the sounds...GOOD LORD!

I started on GEs, and while they sounded outstanding... when I pushed those Rollers to TOGA, the RR whine (Not Robert incidentally, LOL) produced a symphony of sounds from my Bose sound system (with a huge subwoofer) that was felt as much as it was heard!

Hats off gentleman....not enough accolades can be bestowed on this creation of yours!  :hi:

Oh...and the sound of the nose cargo door opening....amazing! :shok:   Love the Wood Pigeon crates, hehe (and the Segway in the back of course)

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hi, I am as excited as you are right now.

While I was downloading the Queen I load FSX up with PMDG 777 + FSDT KLAX to check FPS + VAS, then install 747. Restart FSX, load her up the same as PMDG 777. Using Chaseplane panning around the virtual cockpit to see the improvements over the last version and also experiment the new stuff.

As of now, VAS is almost the same as PMDG 777, infact I got 3100MB with 777 and ~3000 with 747, very nice. FPS is a bit lower compare to 777.

Before having any flight with her, I will do one abnormal procedure, RTFM :P

Well done PMDG, wonderful product. What I noticed is the version, "v3.00.8132", it must have been through tough tests and qualifications before being handle to us!

Cheers!
Hoang Le.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

We did a LOT of work optimizing VAS and hunting down leaks for this product - our beta testers (especially Kyle Weber, Michael Cubine and Dan Downs) were really instrumental in running this into the ground over and over on long routes until we were happy with it. Kyle created a very cool spreadsheet that maps the remaining VAS in graph form in conjunction with FSUIPC over the length of a flight and we could very easily see if there was a decay at all. Wherever we saw one we figured out what was causing it and fixed it. Those fixes will get rolled back into the 777 and NGX at some point as well.

• Upvote 7

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Steve,

Oh I most certainly can whine...

Get me away from the cockpit for too long and it starts...  Just ask anyone on the PMDG team.

• Upvote 4

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hey,

First of all, amazing aircraft.. seriously. Thank you.

I was wondering if idling at Flytampa's EHAM with texture res set on 2048 , some clouds and 50% traffic would yield VAS = 3.3gb ... is that normal or is there something wrong with my configuration.

please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Yossi Paul.

Hi guys, looking forward to giving her a spin soon.  Downloaded and installed and I added a few paints. I must say she looks really beautiful, great work guys.  When using FSUIPC VAS monitor, what values do you use on the logging tab and how is it calculated?

BTW Rob, too bad you removed the PMDG address from the site, I literally had a case of Mountain Dew in my Amazon checkout cart ready to be shipped to the office... it would have been a hoot if it had worked out!  I'll buy you and the guys one if we ever run in to each other at another event.

Rob

\Robert Hamlich/

We did a LOT of work optimizing VAS and hunting down leaks for this product - our beta testers (especially Kyle Weber, Michael Cubine and Dan Downs) were really instrumental in running this into the ground over and over on long routes until we were happy with it. Kyle created a very cool spreadsheet that maps the remaining VAS in graph form in conjunction with FSUIPC over the length of a flight and we could very easily see if there was a decay at all. Wherever we saw one we figured out what was causing it and fixed it. Those fixes will get rolled back into the 777 and NGX at some point as well.

Well all that work certainly paid off!  I forgot to mention that I also had the paintkit open and a few other apps and the VAS and FPS never wavered.   The paintkit is very well done...and I'm trying to determine what I'll paint 1st with so many excellent liveries already done.  Then again I'll be flying for a bit before I pull a primer'd lady into my hangar!  :wink:

Steve,

Oh I most certainly can whine...

Get me away from the cockpit for too long and it starts...  Just ask anyone on the PMDG team.

LOL....yeah but I didn't want my post to be taken out of context when I mentioned RR and whining in the same sentence.  :lol:   The RRs sound so wonderful...I've yet to pull up a PW, but I just landed the Cathay at KMCO and should load up UAL to finish the concerto .  B)

I can see why you love the Queen...she is so graceful in the air, and though a little lumbering on the ground...she commands respect when she taxis by all the planes that are not her. :Love:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hi guys, looking forward to giving her a spin soon.  Downloaded and installed and I added a few paints. I must say she looks really beautiful, great work guys.  When using FSUIPC VAS monitor, what values do you use on the logging tab and how is it calculated?

BTW Rob, too bad you removed the PMDG address from the site, I literally had a case of Mountain Dew in my Amazon checkout cart ready to be shipped to the office... it would have been a hoot if it had worked out!  I'll buy you and the guys one if we ever run in to each other at another event.

Rob

I see you are in Vancouver, I reside in Vancouver too, nice to see another vancouverite here! Who knows we may run into each other on the street, I have run into a couple PMDG customers here too.

Well keep your eyes peeled eh?

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

I'm so glad folks are already noticing the hard work Robert, Ryan, and the rest of the team put in to optimize the VAS footprint.  Definitely brings me a smile.  I can only further emphasize what Ryan said: an incredible amount of effort and consideration went into VAS for this product; certainly countless hours and tests.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I'm so glad folks are already noticing the hard work Robert, Ryan, and the rest of the team put in to optimize the VAS footprint.  Definitely brings me a smile.  I can only further emphasize what Ryan said: an incredible amount of effort and consideration went into VAS for this product; certainly countless hours and tests.

Hey Kyle I totally agree!

I'm on my 3rd livery and model switch and the VAS is still good at 3gb....most other complex planes I own would have croaked by now!  I can't seem to break her despite going against all rational actions and just loading and loading new 747s with reckless abandon. Hehe.

I'm confident I'm going to have zero issues with her...with the 2 exceptions of which liveries to fly, and how the heck I'm going to divide my time between flying and painting!  :Whistle:   Those are issues I'll deal with all day long!

Thanks again to the team for making this release a truly "Turn Key" experience!   Well worth the wait!

Jason...I tip my painter's palette to you...outstanding work from a very appreciative fellow painter!  :im Not Worthy:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I see you are in Vancouver, I reside in Vancouver too, nice to see another vancouverite here! Who knows we may run into each other on the street, I have run into a couple PMDG customers here too.

Well keep your eyes peeled eh?

Hi Jason,

I live in Burnaby actually, people asked me where it was all the time so I list myself as Vancouver.  I live east of Metrotown around the 6600 block just off Kingsway.  I'm in takeout food heaven with Chinese, Greek, Vietnamese and Turkish literally within a block of each other.  Great place for a hoser to live eh!

\Robert Hamlich/

Jason...I tip my painter's palette to you...outstanding work from a very appreciative fellow painter! :im Not Worthy:

Thanks Steve that means a lot. When you pour your heart and soul into a project that becomes more and more complex and long... sometimes you sort of forget who you are doing this for. It's for people like you to enjoy the products and appreciate all the hard work that goes into it!

But I cannot take credit for this, Pete "MacPaint" Sterling did many liveries, I did a bunch, but also RSR, Ryan, Vin, Henning, Michael, EV, Chris, Alex, Kyle and Paul. We all put a lot of our hearts into this product and we are very excited to see the response and comments!

Have fun painting her, I know I did..

Hi Jason,

I live in Burnaby actually, people asked me where it was all the time so I list myself as Vancouver. I live east of Metrotown around the 6600 block just off Kingsway. I'm in takeout food heaven with Chinese, Greek, Vietnamese and Turkish literally within a block of each other. Great place for a hoser to live eh!

Robert,

That's funny I live in Burnaby, I tell people I'm from Vancouver cause people know where Vancouver is but not burnaby,

Your not too far from me then, I'm in north Burnaby area 4 blocks south of Hastings in the 4100 block area.

Lots of great food along Hastings... Thai, chinese, sushi, vietnamese, Turkish, Antons Pasta, Butchers Block BBQ etc. Not bad for a fellow hoser too eh?

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

Just want to say thanks to the PMDG team for all their hard work, what a top quality aircraft and I have to agree VAS usage is optimised really well, so glad I bought this instead of the FSL A320.

Thanks Steve that means a lot. When you pour your heart and soul into a project that becomes more and more complex and long... sometimes you sort of forget who you are doing this for. It's for people like you to enjoy the products and appreciate all the hard work that goes into it!

But I cannot take credit for this, Pete "MacPaint" Sterling did many liveries, I did a bunch, but also RSR, Ryan, Vin, Henning, Michael, EV, Chris, Alex, Kyle and Paul. We all put a lot of our hearts into this product and we are very excited to see the response and comments!

Have fun painting her, I know I did..

Hey Jason, we are kindred spirits as we share the same philosophy about painting.  I can appreciate what it takes to prepare a paint from gathering reference material to the final mouse click that turns it into a PTP file.  We both know "painting" is a small part of the entire package, and perhaps the part we enjoy most (well its the most relaxing for me anyway)

I will most assuredly have fun painting her, but thanks to your's and Pete's herculean effort, I don't have much to do. :wink:

I do have a few I will paint for some close friends that I committed to long ago, but not too many more than that.  Some of my fictional 777Fs will finally have homes on the 744Fs and BCFs they were intended for. :smile: 

Please take some very deserved time off and look for some screenshots of your paints on the screenshot forum as I take the 747 around the world!  (This painter knows every painter's currency....actually seeing your work being enjoyed...a few screens are always a good way to thank painters) :smile:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

HUSSAR, on 31 Jan 2017 - 10:13 PM, said:

Hi Jason,

I live in Burnaby actually, people asked me where it was all the time so I list myself as Vancouver. I live east of Metrotown around the 6600 block just off Kingsway. I'm in takeout food heaven with Chinese, Greek, Vietnamese and Turkish literally within a block of each other. Great place for a hoser to live eh!

Robert,

That's funny I live in Burnaby, I tell people I'm from Vancouver cause people know where Vancouver is but not burnaby,

Your not too far from me then, I'm in north Burnaby area 4 blocks south of Hastings in the 4100 block area.

Lots of great food along Hastings... Thai, chinese, sushi, vietnamese, Turkish, Antons Pasta, Butchers Block BBQ etc. Not bad for a fellow hoser too eh?

That makes three of us! ;)

Can't wait to grab the Queen later this week. The aircraft looks amazing. 

Sante Sottile