Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

VAS Management....you nailed it!

Hello

Please can you give me advice with the following, presently I  have installed PMDG747 V3  and reading the Introduction manual

I am aware that the issues regarding VAS management are being discussed.

At the moment I am running FSX SE on Windows 7 (64bit) operating system

Is the VAS management using Windows 10 (64bit) superior to the Windows 7 (64bit) operating system? I have used FSX SE for some time running Windows 7 and only experiend OOM errors on a few occassions.  Considering the advanced software modelling that is now being produced by PMDG, FSLABS would it be advisable to consider upgrading to Windows 10 (64bit) operating system/

My computer is high specifications using I7-4*** processor

Clive Alexander

OK Guys,

Going against recommendations (Loading the UPS paint...flying it around, playing with ground equip, then loading the Cathay metal paint over it without restarting and/or switching to a default plane...both a texture AND model change)...My VAS went from 2.7GB to 2.8 and is holding steady there!

Granted I'm not exploring any major airports or have tons of AI in view just yet...but my GOODNESS her VAS footprint would make any other complex aircraft envious!

I'm flying her around now and VAS is rock solid...FPS just fine, external model phenomenal, cockpit as real as I could imagine...then there are the sounds...GOOD LORD!

I started on GEs, and while they sounded outstanding... when I pushed those Rollers to TOGA, the RR whine (Not Robert incidentally, LOL) produced a symphony of sounds from my Bose sound system (with a huge subwoofer) that was felt as much as it was heard!

Hats off gentleman....not enough accolades can be bestowed on this creation of yours!  :hi:

Oh...and the sound of the nose cargo door opening....amazing! :shok:   Love the Wood Pigeon crates, hehe (and the Segway in the back of course)

Thanks Steve !  :smile:

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

(...) Considering the advanced software modelling that is now being produced by PMDG, FSLABS would it be advisable to consider upgrading to Windows 10 (64bit) operating system/ (...) 

Clive, I do not think so. As far as I am aware the VAS management is handled by the 32bit applications themselves, and not by the OS.

The OS used to come into play only as long as the majority of OS's was 32bit. Then an upgrade to a 64bit OS was beneficial for the available VAS. Now we compare a 64bit Win7 to a 64bit Win10. Nothing to gain here, except for, maybe, a very slight increase in performance (it's there, but I would call it negligible), and a couple of new features and gimmicks. (Some of those being discussed rather controversially :P)