Sign in to follow this  
Irishcurse

Odd ground problem

Its a weird trouble and It doesn't seem to affect the aircraft but when I am on the ground the red tags that you see on AI aircraft or on multiplayer aircraft on VATSIM appear on my aircraft. If that isn't weird enough when I move on the ground my AivlaSoft EFB shows a 2nd aircraft on the map like I am on top of it. Bizarre. Anyone else experience anything like this? Like I said it doesn't seem to affect the sim. Hopefully this isn't a "RTFM" moment because then I will feel like a dope.

Richie Walsh

Same. Got the aircraft label over the aircraft when on the ground even though it is unchecked in my traffic options.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

I had this option turned off before installing the Queen.  On my first flight, the red labels appeared.  However, for me atleast, I was able to disable it by going back into settings and disabling the traffic labels.

Hi Bob,

We are aware of this and are working to find a solution for it.

Thanks Paul! Perhaps it might have something to do with Avatar mode in P3D?

On another brand payware aircraft, avatar mode enabled was creating a ghost AI return on the TCAS of my own aircraft. 

Just a thought.

The label disappears once I'm airborne. 

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog

I had this option turned off before installing the Queen.  On my first flight, the red labels appeared.  However, for me atleast, I was able to disable it by going back into settings and disabling the traffic labels.

To add to this, it hasn't happened since.

To add to this, it hasn't happened since.

Your're right that it turns off the label over my own aircraft, but that will also turn off the labels over the AI/Vatsim traffic. So it's not really the fix.

This setting (pic below) really should not produce a red label over the aircraft on the ground. 

http://prntscr.com/e3ddrj

Good temp fix, but I want labels over the AI/Vatsim traffic but not my own airplane.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

Are you using FSInn?  I believe this problem was previously reported with FSInn and there was a fix for it.

Vpilot

Richie Walsh

This is happening to me too, but I don't use the display labels. I found It was happening to me too because on my EFB there is another aircraft on top of mine.  Doesn't seem to be "doubling" the amount of VAS or anything.  A non issue for now for me. 

This is happening to me too, but I don't use the display labels. I found It was happening to me too because on my EFB there is another aircraft on top of mine.  Doesn't seem to be "doubling" the amount of VAS or anything.  A non issue for now for me. 

Yeah same here with the EFB. It doesn't seem to affect the sim.

Richie Walsh