Sign in to follow this  
ViperXBR

Release time frame for the GTN/GNS for FSX-SE?

Hay don't misunderstand me, :happy: I would rather have it take longer to come out and have it right rather then rush to deliver and have it less then perfect.  Do you all need beta testers?

Thanks again for the reply

WOW, Since the last reply has passed almost a month.

How going on with FSX/P3D progress Jean?

Progressing well. We've had to work on our X-Plane release in the middle which has delayed the work on FSim a little bit more unfortunately. I which I could show some work in progress, but I rather keep this offline for now.

You see, Reality XP has invented the 'gauge stack' concept back with the Meridian (the vertical list of icons you can open/close/pin). We've also developed the concept of the config tool with a tabbed interface, the first one of showing a preview of the panel, and the next tabs giving access to units options. Some say copying is a form of flattery... and some seem lacking imagination of their own.

There is no reason we push the bar further in user interface concepts for our new products, but you have no idea how much of the total development the GUI takes.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Very Impressive! Any release plans next few months? or longer?

I would like to see how ''New GUI'' works.

On April 24, 2017 at 6:27 AM, Silenced said:

Any release plans next few months?

We're targeting next few weeks instead!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi Jean-Luc,

Sounds promising - been considering a new GNS as I miss my old one - any plans to offer some incentive for owners of your previous GNS to buy the new one ???

Thanks...

Looking forward to seeing some RXP back in my P3D cockpit...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

After releasing this are you going to make sure developers support it, or can it already be setup fine in airplanes that once supported the old RXP gauge? Like Carenado or A2A?

On May 12, 2017 at 3:11 PM, scottb613 said:

any plans to offer some incentive for owners of your previous GNS to buy the new one ???

I can't tell for now, but if the released X-Plane version is any indication, let alone lower pricing and feature packed, yes!

4 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

are you going to make sure developers support it, or can it already be setup fine in airplanes that once supported the old RXP gauge?

We're certainly looking to both, helping third party vendors for integration in their aircraft, and as easy as possible integration for our customers. Compared to the older, there might be few changes there and there so as to get advantage of new capabilities that would be otherwise unavailable if strictly limiting the gauges to backward compatibility.

• Upvote 1

Yes we do plan to obviously also offer P3D4 version of both the GTN and the GNS, in 64bits!

Mind you, we already offer 64bit and 32bit plugin with X-Plane!

On 2017-6-3 at 6:20 AM, RXP said:

Yes we do plan to obviously also offer P3D4 version of both the GTN and the GNS, in 64bits!

Mind you, we already offer 64bit and 32bit plugin with X-Plane!

Good to hear this... Any target release time for 64bit? or just like 32bit?

• Upvote 1

I'm very close to purchase the GTN 750 from this other 1 company but if Reality XP releases a compatible version for Prepar3D V4 sooner I'd prefer to get it from Reality XP. 

The other company also hasn't released their P3D V4 compatible version yet so I hope Reality XP will be the one who will release first. There are only few days ahead I believe for this other company to announce their P3D V4 release.