Sign in to follow this  
ViperXBR

Release time frame for the GTN/GNS for FSX-SE?

Greetings,

Just wondering what sort of time frame are you expecting for the release of either of these GPS's for FSX-SE?

I just did a complete rebuild of my FS PC and decided to move from FSX SP2 to SE.  Very happy with the move and so far no compatibility issues except, unfortunately, the GNS.

Bought it back in 2012 and been very happy with it since.  Very disappointed to see it not work with SE.  :sad:

I would like to stay with RXP and get the new one (hopefully a discount for previous customers) if there is a reasonable ETA for release.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg

Hi Todd, thank you for your support!

Although there is no public ETA I can assure you it is coming to an aircraft near you quite soon!

It's feature packed and worth the wait!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I've been watching this with increased interest for same reasons as OP. JL, anyway you could narrow coming soon to include an earliest date? As in coming sometime after spring /fall 2017 etc? I love me some vor/ndb but it's getting very tiresome owning planes with rxp integration that I can't use trying to find smaller airfields with no charts or transmitters. Especially in the mountains when there's terrain as well!

If the product wasn't so good I wouldn't miss it do much!

If you could at least say it won't be available for at least 2 months I could get on with another project!

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Hopefully way sooner than 2 months!

We're just side tracked a little with the latest GTN and GNS update for X-Plane which have introduced a few problems, but we are ironing this out now as far as the latest hand-picked customers tests are giving.

Really, with TCAD, TAWS, Crossfill, GPS 500, keyboard shortcuts, compatibility with all RXP panels out there*, you can't go wrong!

* For 2D panels, there could be some minor changes because the bezel dimension ratio is a little bit different (more accurate to the real unit), for VC panels mapping the screen only, it should be 100% drop-in replacement.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I have been doing a lot of digging in the Reality website and as far as I can tell Not yet. If I am correct is there an approximate date of release.

Second question: When using the Carenado B200 King Air (which uses two Garmin 530 units by Carenado), will it be sufficient to purchase one 530W and replace both units with crossfill in the pane ?

Any news Jean Luc?  I really 'need'  a GNS530 (P3D) for real life training.  I could buy the F1 offering. But I always liked the RXP unit's in FSX.  However I can't wait much longer (all relative of course). So I hope 'soon'  is really soon :biggrin:.

Thanks very much!
Rob

RobdeVries.jpg

Yes soon is really soon all things considered. Like have posted here: 

Rest assured it is our best interests to ship as fast as possible, while making sure 'as fast as' doesn't mean 'as buggy as'.

1 hour ago, ALF1 said:

Second question: When using the Carenado B200 King Air (which uses two Garmin 530 units by Carenado), will it be sufficient to purchase one 530W and replace both units with crossfill in the pane ?

I can't yet confirm the official pricing plans, but if our X-Plane prices and plans give any indication, you should be able to run 2 GNS 530W with crossfill with a single GNS 530W license!

Thanks JL. I'll guess I have to wait a little. Another question: Will there be hardware support for the Emuteq unit's like the legacy unit's?

RobdeVries.jpg

4 minutes ago, RXP said:

I can't yet confirm the official pricing plans, but if our X-Plane prices and plans give any indication, you should be able to run 2 GNS 530W with crossfill with a single GNS 530W license!

GREAT NEWS !! cant wait!

12 minutes ago, Holland_Holland said:

Thanks JL. I'll guess I have to wait a little. Another question: Will there be hardware support for the Emuteq unit's like the legacy unit's?

This shouldn't change. You'll still have support for keyboard shortcuts like in the legacy version. The real question with Emuteq seems to be how to map their hardware buttons so that they trigger keys without the 'WIN' key modifier on Windows 10 isn't it? There is the other thread about this on our forum:

• Upvote 1

Hi all any more info on when I can get the new Reality XP GNS 430/530 for FSX?  Looks like things are moving slower then anticipated?

Regards,

Tom

Hi Tom,

Yes a little slower for a couple things, a lot faster for others, the average is slightly slower than anticipated. Let me try putting this in perspective.

Since about 2005, we've invested massive development in a 'gauge framework' code base, which permitted us developing FS gauges with, among many other things, the following advantages:

- Any graphics or any size, in full 32bits colours (PNG, JPG etc...), whereas the FS SDK only support embedded BMP files and only renders them with limited colours (namely RGB5551, hence colour banding in gradients).

- Support for JPEG images allowing us shipping extreme high-def gauge textures even if displayed at say 400x400 on the screen, with no impact on the frame rate.

- Support for alpha blended images (used for the variable integral lighting).

- Dynamically defined and instanced gauges at runtime (instead of statically defined gauges at compile time with the SDK)

- Dynamically load and use SimConnect at runtime (instead of statically linking simconnect at compile time which prevents the gauge loading in FS9, or any other FS version not using the same simconnect library).

- Correct a number of defects in FSX and FS9.

- Support overriding both module vars and xml vars.

and many more.

This all sound good and nice, but is has a drawback: every time there is a new FS release our products won't work with it because the framework is 'hacking' some FS internals which are chancing every time. This is not a problem with FSX and FS9 not evolving anymore, and we've maintained the framework to Prepar3D up to v2.5 for our professional customers, but this is a problem with FSX-SE and Prepar3D v3.x.

Therefore, we've invested development time to overhaul our gauge framework to be FS version agnostic and limit the 'hacks' to the bare minimum.  For example we have now completely got rid of any internal hack for supporting our graphics capabilities, which should make our products load and display on any new FS version.

This inevitably delayed our initial plans, but the end result is worth it.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the elaborate explanation Jean-Luc. Looking forward to the release!

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Thank you bert,

you might want to read additional technical details I've just posted in this thread as well!

In addition to those implementation details which will apply to our FlightSim version, there are additional specific FS enhancements in the visual/graphics department.