Sign in to follow this  
ClearedtoLand

Due to a limitation, repair install not available

Hey guys, I know you are busy, so I will keep this brief. I'm sure you'll figure it out in 30 seconds, but it's 5AM in the morning here, and I am out of ideas.

After selecting the aircraft, this is what shows up in the rotating screen. When proceeding to load the flight, nothing happens, just a black screen, even the progress bar during loading is not visible.

FSX SE, no AV program other than MSE. Installed as administrator. Something interesting that happened after installation is that ASN no longer receives the flight plan created in FSX, departure and destination airports had to be entered manually. After exiting and restarting, I loaded up the 777 without any issues, I selected ASN and turned the weather radar on, and tuned 122.00, which functioned normally, barring of course the manual entry requirements for departure and destination.

As the second image indicates, I attempted a repair install. I am curious what the limitation is that is referenced.

Appreciate the assistance, and any questions I will answer once I have had a few hours sleep.

UgtDPUp.png

uUuRtHG.png

The issue is actually related only to the FSX version and requires a slight mod to the FSX.cfg file as outlined in the Introductory section of the manaul.   Please add the following to the FSX.cfg under [MAIN] add "DisablePreload=0" and it should appear normally. 

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

The issue is actually related only to the FSX version and requires a slight mod to the FSX.cfg file as outlined in the Introductory section of the manaul.   Please add the following to the FSX.cfg under [MAIN] add "DisablePreload=0" and it should appear normally.

Hi Paul, thanks for the reply.

Just to clarify, in the Introductory section it reads "DisablePreload=1", p23 I think, I don't have the document in front of me. It stated that this line is added to the FSX SE Cfg file by default, however, when I checked last night, that line was not present in the Cfg file. So, in the absence of that line under the Main section of the FSX SE Cfg file, "DisablePreload=0" should be inserted, which should then resolve the issue?

Hello,

Just chedked the introduction manual and yes, it is DisablePreload=1, which makes sense as leaving it "0" would be redundant since you would tell FSX that the command remains disabled.

I'd have to double check what I wrote, but I believe that I qualified the statement in the Intro with "IF you have the following line" (disablepreload), then you will see a momentary oddity, etc. etc.

It wasn't an instruction to put it in there.

EDIT: Uninstall/reinstall rarely solves the issue you're attempting to solve. There are a few cases in which we'll suggest it, but I'd avoid that as a troubleshooting step unless one of us specifically call for it.

Kyle Rodgers

I'd have to double check what I wrote, but I believe that I qualified the statement in the Intro with "IF you have the following line" (disablepreload), then you will see a momentary oddity, etc. etc.

It wasn't an instruction to put it in there.

Hey Kyle, thanks for chiming in. I didn't actually have the "DisablePreload=1" line in the Cfg file, so that still leaves me where I was when I started. Should this problem show up when that line is absent?

I attempted the repair install when I was asked multiple times to enter the activation code, but seeing as I got that message in picture 2, that route was blocked. But seeing as the activation issue went away, I checked FlexNet, that wasn't the problem, I'm now just stuck with the problem in picture 1.

I'll go and have a look at later when I am home and just double check the introduction manual.

I'm now just stuck with the problem in picture 1.

Due to the many ways that the steam version can appear in the registry, PMDG was not able to provide an easy way to repair some FSXSE installations. Make sure you read the steam users read me file provided in the zip folder with the installer and install the simconnect modules as recommended.

Dan Downs KCRP