Sign in to follow this  
wrightt80

747 v3 autopilot issue

After engaging the autopilot, it disengages after approximately 10 seconds.  I thought trim was the cause but it wasn't.  I've looked through the manuals but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.  Help this rookie out (lol)

Matt Wright 

HI Matt,

The only thing that should cause that to happen is a control input.  Do you have any hardware plugged in and can you try disconnecting that to see if it stops?

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

HI Matt,

OK then the issue is likely that the Controls are not Neutral with the keyboard.  Check the Status page (or Engine page depending on which option is set) and make sure all controls are at the Center.  I bet your Elevator is deflected

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

I am having the same issue. I disabled the joystick in p3d settings but the autopilot still disconnected in 10 seconds. Where do i find the status page/ engine page?

Dino

Dino Rossetti

I am having the same issue. I disabled the joystick in p3d settings but the autopilot still disconnected in 10 seconds. Where do i find the status page/ engine page?

Dino

MCP panel. There is a button for status page

I still have this issue. I disabled joystick in p3d and unplugged it and still have the issue. How do i center the controls?

Dino

Dino Rossetti

I still have this issue. I disabled joystick in p3d and unplugged it and still have the issue. How do i center the controls?

Dino

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

Using P3D it is really easy.  Go to the controls settings window and press the calibrate button.

Dan Downs KCRP

Is everyone here using FSUIPC?  I know the into guide says not to, however, I have not had issues with other PMDG aircraft while using FSUIPC.  I am using the "direct to FSUIPC axis option" which i think is preferred.  I was having same issues but could not really see any major axis that was not centered.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Is everyone here using FSUIPC?  I know the into guide says not to, however, I have not had issues with other PMDG aircraft while using FSUIPC.  I am using the "direct to FSUIPC axis option" which i think is preferred.  I was having same issues but could not really see any major axis that was not centered.

Yep i am using FSUIPC and having the same problems...I agree no issue with the 737 or 777 just the 747

• Upvote 1

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I just updated p3d and fsuipc and still having this issue. I also calibrated the joystick in p3d. any thing else i should try?

Dino Rossetti

I just updated p3d and fsuipc and still having this issue. I also calibrated the joystick in p3d. any thing else i should try?

a workaround that fixed it for me is disable this setting:

fmc->menu->setup->pmdg options->simulation->next page(2/10)->ctl input with AP on

cheers

-andy crosby

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

a workaround that fixed it for me is disable this setting:

fmc->menu->setup->pmdg options->simulation->next page(2/10)->ctl input with AP on

cheers

-andy crosby

this fix seems to work for me..

thanks for the tip

Andrew

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg