Sign in to follow this  
NickFlightX

Paint Kit Question

Hello everyone,

I absolutely love the new 747! Got the 747-400/-400ER QOTSII paint kit right away and went to work. I noticed however the paint kit isnt complete like other PMDG paint kits ive seen. There was no Texture.cfg, no thumbnail psd, and no N Number psd. Is this the same for the other 3 paint kits? Or are theres files in one of the other paint kits?

Nick Hesler

Same, I honestly feel this paint kit is a step in the wrong direction it doesn't give us nearly as many options for decals, weathering, etc like the 737 or 777.

This is where YOU guys, the painters do your magic. We give you a canvas to work on, if you want to make it extra dirty, go for it. Our kit gives you some lightly weathered textures, when a plane leaves the factory floor it is gleaming, shiny and all clean. That is what we did here, lightly weathered but clean.

It's your job to make it dirty however you see fit, it's not that difficult to paint a dirt streak or two, grease, nicotine stains or two or 4 or 100s.

Granted it is clearly impossible to include every single conceivable decal, weather effect etc because there are hundreds of different ways. The current decal configuration gives you a configuration that comes from the factory. The airline (customer) has their own markings, extra decals etc that their safety department wants plastered on the aircraft, they will request Boeing to do it or they will do it themselves.

It is ultimately up to you painters how you want to make it look.

The kits are not a step backwards, they are a step forward because it is where YOUR imagination comes to place, we give you a canvas to work on, you are free to do what you want to paint on it.

Have fun!

Hello everyone,

I absolutely love the new 747! Got the 747-400/-400ER QOTSII paint kit right away and went to work. I noticed however the paint kit isnt complete like other PMDG paint kits ive seen. There was no Texture.cfg, no thumbnail psd, and no N Number psd. Is this the same for the other 3 paint kits? Or are theres files in one of the other paint kits?

Use our house liveries as a basis for the decals, texture.cfg etc. We have provided PSDs for window transparency, shine, etc. This is what I do, I simply make a copy of the texture.pmdgGE, rename it to texture.mylivery and use what is in there as a basis and apply the contents of the kit towards that.

• Upvote 2

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

Can we please have a fix for the wheel textures? I'd like to make the main wheels/hubs dirty, but cannot achieve this without it also making the nose dirty.

Can we add a second hub on the gears texture in a future update?

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Can we please have a fix for the wheel textures? I'd like to make the main wheels/hubs dirty, but cannot achieve this without it also making the nose dirty.

+1

• Upvote 1

I couldn't agree more with John. I was gonna write a post on this issue but I got beat to it. For an airplane over 25 years old approaching retirement with spotlessly clean rear bogies it just takes away from the hole airplane. If a separate texture could be added to the paint kit for the rear bogies that would be excellent. Other than thank you PMDG for giving us the most beautiful bird to ever grace the skies of P3D/FSX, she truly is a marvelous piece of work, your team did an incredible job, better than I had imagined.

They would have to update the model as well to look to the new texture mapping. Not sure how easy that would be..

They would have to update the model as well to look to the new texture mapping. Not sure how easy that would be..

Yeah, it would require an update. It's not a huge priority, but it'd be nice to have the option to customise this area. Hopefully it'll slot in at some point.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Question,

Will older PMDG B744 paints available work on any of the V3 models?    There are many many many paints around.  Other PMDGs Acrft paints are very compatible among simulator versions as far as i experienced.

Thanks...

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556

Question,

Will older PMDG B744 paints available work on any of the V3 models?    There are many many many paints around.  Other PMDGs Acrft paints are very compatible among simulator versions as far as i experienced.

Thanks...

No

• Upvote 1

Is anyone having problems after painting the engines and converting to dds when loading them in the sim the engine textures are a little off. I had the inside of one engine all white, white streams on parts of outside and inside of other engines, shadows not displaying correctly. I saved the dds file the same way as the fuselage so can't work out why it's not displaying correctly

John

Is anyone having problems after painting the engines and converting to dds when loading them in the sim the engine textures are a little off. I had the inside of one engine all white, white streams on parts of outside and inside of other engines, shadows not displaying correctly. I saved the dds file the same way as the fuselage so can't work out why it's not displaying correctly

Screenshots would help.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Screenshots would help.

all good, i worked out what the problem was.  I was painting GE engines but the aircraft.cfg was pointing to the PW engines.

John