Sign in to follow this  
Jas451

Display Error on Free Flight Screen

When I load the 747 V3 the front half of the aircraft is a skeleton. The skin is missing from the wings forward. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling no change. Running FSX Steam, System is i7-4820, 16 Gigs of memory, Geforce 1070 with latest drivers. My PMDG 777 and 737 display correctly as well as all other 3rd party aircraft. Re-down loaded the 747and reinstalled, validated my Steam install, deleted the config file so it would be rebuilt. What am I missing?

• Upvote 1

When I load the 747 V3 the front half of the aircraft is a skeleton. The skin is missing from the wings forward. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling no change. Running FSX Steam, System is i7-4820, 16 Gigs of memory, Geforce 1070 with latest drivers. My PMDG 777 and 737 display correctly as well as all other 3rd party aircraft. Re-down loaded the 747and reinstalled, validated my Steam install, deleted the config file so it would be rebuilt. What am I missing?

Look in our intro document, it will explain why and what you need to to to fix it. Honestly there is nothing wrong with the plane, this is an issue of FSX. Once you launch into the sim, the airplane will be fine! Go ahead, launch into the sim and see.. its fine! :-)

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

Didn't say there was anything wrong with the aircraft. I did read the documentation and followed all the recommendations, but still the skin of the aircraft is missing from the leading edge of the wings forward, only see the interior. Hence the question "what am I missing?" I am running Windows 7 64bit. I've been so focused on the free flight screen issue that I hadn't tried to fly the aircraft. Now when I try to fly I get an OOM when the flight loads. Forgot to add this is on a new reinstall of Windows and FSX Steam.

FSX:SE includes the disablepreload by default, which is why we mentioned it in the intro. What are your system specs? On a reasonably fast computer, it should only show like that for a moment or two.

An OOM as soon as the flight loads points to other VAS issues (scenery, in particular). What other add-ons are you using?

Kyle Rodgers

System spec i-7-4820K @ 3.70GHz 16.0 GB memory Nvidia Geforce 1070 with newest drivers Windows 7 64Bit. Add-on are Orbx FTX Global base pack openLC North America, Vector, EU England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Norway, Scotland, Wales, Na Cental Rockies,Northern Rockies,  Northern Cal,Southern Cal, Pacific Fjords,Southern Alaska, Pacific Northwest plus multiple airports by Orbx, Aerosoft US Cities Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angles, and Cleveland. AIrports by Flight Beam and FS Dream Team along with multiple 3rd party aircraft. Everything was working until I installed the 747. Again not saying there is something wrong with it, but something has changed since the install. I am just at a loss as to what. 777 and 737 working fine Just the 747 giving me grief.

One thing that is becoming a standard troubleshooting step in my list of things to do (especially after a new add-on install and having odd graphics issues) is to clear the shader folder.

Have you tried that yet?

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Sounds like it may be the new drivers. You may want to look in the crash logs to see where the faulting module is.

Kyle Rodgers

It's a windows function, but it depends on your OS Version.

Windows 7 and above: Start > type "View All Prob" and you should see "View All Problem Reports" displayed. Select it. Find your simulator in the list, expand the list, and then find the latest crash. Paste the results here.

Kyle Rodgers

This is the latest crash report for FSX

Description
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
Faulting Application Path:    E:\FLIGHT\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    AppHangB1
Application Name:    fsx.exe
Application Version:    10.0.62615.0
Application Timestamp:    559f9a9a
Hang Signature:    350e
Hang Type:    6144
OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID:    1033
Additional Hang Signature 1:    350ea38e67f8e2207b4e4ad89ecc415b
Additional Hang Signature 2:    eb2b
Additional Hang Signature 3:    eb2bfda6c058a2b575a450d1790752a9
Additional Hang Signature 4:    350e
Additional Hang Signature 5:    350ea38e67f8e2207b4e4ad89ecc415b
Additional Hang Signature 6:    eb2b
Additional Hang Signature 7:    eb2bfda6c058a2b575a450d1790752a9

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    50

I´m having the same issue. It happens only in the aircraft selection menu.

Mauricio Hexsel

That event report indicates FSXSE is hanging, an application hang occurs for any number of reasons. I did a google of your problem and found many posts in the steam community forums on this issue.  We had beta testers using FSXSE the entire testing period so I'm confident it's not directly caused by the PMDG product.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest BeaverDriver

FSX:SE includes the disablepreload by default, which is why we mentioned it in the intro. What are your system specs? On a reasonably fast computer, it should only show like that for a moment or two.

An OOM as soon as the flight loads points to other VAS issues (scenery, in particular). What other add-ons are you using?

Just to be clear Kyle, is the manual (and I'm reading it presently) suggesting that the line should be there (FSX, not Steam), or shouldn't be there; or does it really not matter but it might cause the issue reported (I'm seeing it to)? As the manual suggests, it loads fine, but I want to make sure I have the optimal setup.

Thanks.

Glenn Davy

Same issue here; see screen shots (https://www.flickr.com/photos/141330124@N05/shares/ad7M4i)

The plane appears normal placed at an airport and in the air.

I confirm I'm having the same issue with the front of the aircraft not displaying correctly in the startup screen. I'm running FSX-SE on a machine with an i7-6700k running at 4.4 Ghz and an nvidia gtx 970 on W10 64. The plane looks fine in the sim and runs great but just not displaying correctly when I select it. In the introduction document it states that it may happen but eventually display normally which it doesn't. I know you don't support DX10 but I do run it at my own risk with steve's fixer. Might this cause this issue?

Of course the HIGHMEMFIX=1 has been applied also. Should the DisablePreload=1 line be changed to a "0" or removed? The introduction doc. isn't quite clear on this.

I love this new version and this is indeed a small issue and certainly can live with it but just would like some clarification on whether or not I'm doing something to cause this or if there's something I can do to correct it.

Thanks so much for your hard work with this product.

Mark Adams, KPWM