Sign in to follow this  
MDFMike

No Altitudes calculated in FMS Leg Page

I just installed the new PMDG 747. I'm using P3D v3.4.

I'm not getting any altitude settings on the FMC Leg pages after setting up a route, and thereby, no V-speeds are being calculated.

(I also own PMDG 777 and NGX 737 - and have never had this issue with those)

All 3 IRS are set to NAV and are initialized

PERF INIT page has FL360 - and all other fields are initialized

I ensured departure and landing runways were selected - and that there were no route discontinuity issues

Flaps set to 10 on TAKEOFF REF page

I loaded the 747-400 with engines running. I also later tried loading the cold and dark - same issue.

My test: Flight from KJFK to KORD, programmed FMC with this route: KJFK KORD  with COATE Q436 EMMMA WYNDE8

Also - FMS 3 Page - option to calculate V speeds is set to YES

Am I missing something that's unique to this new 747?

Regards,

Michael DelFranco

Did u insert any SID? If u did try not to insert any SId and check if u have the altitudes

Unsure if this helps.

I tried a flight after doing the tutorial flight. It was from TNCM to KMIA. This was in the 747 combi PH-PBF; (i think that's the tail number). Being a short runway I had my fuel level at minimums and a moderate load of passengers and cargo. Anyway:

The CG was initially reported as <20% and even after messing with the load out, I could never get the CG to auto-set and therefore never got my V speeds and subsequently no VNAV information. 

We're all newbies at this point.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

have you made sure you have confirmed the perf page as I know with the 737 if you don't confirm then it will not all the v speeds

I had this issue today while doing the tutorial flight. I retraced my steps and found I had done exactly as mentioned in the tutorial. Somehow I sorted it out by clearing out the route page, re-entering to/from aerodromes, the whole route including SID/STAR again. I didn't touch the PERF page but somewhow my altitudes were now on the LEGS page and my V speeds in the TAKEOFF page. Was definitely odd.

I could have got something wrong, but I'm pretty certain this was how I got it sorted.

Afredo- thanks. Tried it, and was ok. I use Navigraph.

To OP- What service provider do you use for NavData?

To Joe- Hi Joe. Who do you use for your NavData?

Brian Nellis

I use navigraph but i still dont have the the 747 bu this a problemi had wiith the 777 inserting a wrong star that was suggested by PFPX all the altitudes disappeard

I also had the issue trying the tutorial flight with the United variation of the 747. I'll try the tutorial with the stock PMDG variation tonight (as the tutorial recommends) in case the issue is unique to the United livery.

I had full flight plan, SID, STAR, etc.

I've been flying PMDG aircraft for many years, and never had this kind of issue getting FMC programmed before.

Michael DelFranco.

Can confirm I've also had this issue. Last night I was planning a flight from Denver to San Francisco, and despite fully programming the FMC, I wasn't getting altitudes or V-speeds.

It was definitely weird. Then I did something and they appeared. Problem is: I don't remember what I did to fix the issue.

Won't be able to fly again until tonight, so I'll see if I can recreate. In the meantime, I'll follow this thread.

Gents,

It's imperative that you follow the tutorial to the letter (to include using the default livery). I suspect some of you are getting tripped up by some of the liveries including different weight functions. Some liveries simply have you confirm the GW entry. Since it shows a value there, a lot of our beta testers skipped looking at it or ZFW and moved right along. Since the weight wasn't confirmed, they got no performance values (to include altitudes).

Slow down. Have a look at the tutorial. Word by word. And then be careful if you step into other aircraft - they will be different.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

After a closer look (last night I confess I was installing and flying after 1AM) I noticed on the United 747-400 the INIT PAGE field for GR WT has a value filled in instead of the empty boxes. There is also a little "<" next to the GR WT numeric value. Pressing the 1L key next to the GR WT field will confirm the GR WT value, and resolves the issues with missing altitudes and V speeds.

Same here..most of us are were so impatient, that we just downloaded the Queen and wanted to fly it straight away without reading the tutorial word by word..... it happened to me also that I didnt notice that I had to confirm the GR WT on INIT PAGE...... we are all still learning...

Happy flying

Alex

Senior PMDG 777 Pilot...