Sign in to follow this  
Beardyman

V speeds

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 5:28 PM, KORDATC said:

Also, make sure you hit the LSK 1L next to Gross Weight in the Performance page. This happened to me last night. Since I'm used to flying the NGX, I tried to go and enter a ZFW. On the queen however, the ZFW is already pre-populated. Instead you have to verify the Gross Weight indication by pressing LSK 1L. After doing this, the V-speeds appeared.

For a long time I configured PMDG 747 v3 FMC entering ZFW by hand and now I found after loaded the bird the fuel is already populated. Thanks to your post I hit the LSK 1L once and the number looks larger font telling me is loaded and then the V-speeds appear as expected. I don't remember if because I installed later the 737NGX? It doesn't happen with PMDG 777

Is there a way to leave Performance Page not populated? Or is this the way how 747 looks like?

Patricio Valdes

53 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

Is there a way to leave Performance Page not populated?

Yes and no...because:

53 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

Or is this the way how 747 looks like?

Depends on the equipment option that the aircraft has. Some planes are equipped with weight sensors that detect the weight. The pilot simply confirms it by clicking on the GW (or over-writing it). Please be sure to read the Intro Manual (hint: page 84, right in the middle).

Edited by scandinavian13

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Yes and no...because:

Depends on the equipment option that the aircraft has. Some planes are equipped with weight sensors that detect the weight. The pilot simply confirms it by clicking on the GW (or over-writing it). Please be sure to read the Intro Manual (hint: page 84, right in the middle).

Hello Kyle, thanks for giving me a great help. I think am going to confirm the GW which is quicker. Now I am learning about Flight Plan tool, new for me. Also, I will take a look at PMDG 747 v3 page 84 from Operation Center.

Just taken a look at the manual page 84 and realized there is a list of 22 pages with options. I found the Weight Balance System very interesting to learn about. So, to confirm GW and the V-speeds will be updated. Cool!

Edited by trisho0
completing sentence

Patricio Valdes

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:28 PM, KORDATC said:

Also, make sure you hit the LSK 1L next to Gross Weight in the Performance page. This happened to me last night. Since I'm used to flying the NGX, I tried to go and enter a ZFW. On the queen however, the ZFW is already pre-populated. Instead you have to verify the Gross Weight indication by pressing LSK 1L. After doing this, the V-speeds appeared.

Cheers. Spent an hour on this !