Sign in to follow this  
Beardyman

V speeds

Departure airport and runway given, thrust limits set, perf init set, flaps value 10, CG 21% set - still FMC do not calculate V speeds and trim value.

What am i doing wrong ?

Artur 

Departure airport and runway given, thrust limits set, perf init set, flaps value 10, CG 21% set - still FMC do not calculate V speeds and trim value.

What am i doing wrong ?

Are your ADIRUs (inertial navigation) aligned?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

1) Check perf init... make sure data is inserted, complete and correct.

2) insert cg on takeoff ref... assuming CDU preflight is done correctly, you will get v speeds like everyone else

3) if all else fails, fly the tutorial.

Brian Nellis

You also need a departure runway defined.

I assume you have not seen V-SPEEDS UNAVAILABLE which means you are outside the envelope of the aircraft.

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

I assume you have not seen V-SPEEDS UNAVAILABLE which means you are outside the envelope of the aircraft.

^^If you select a derate and is too heavliy loaded v-speeds will be unavailable

Also, make sure you hit the LSK 1L next to Gross Weight in the Performance page. This happened to me last night. Since I'm used to flying the NGX, I tried to go and enter a ZFW. On the queen however, the ZFW is already pre-populated. Instead you have to verify the Gross Weight indication by pressing LSK 1L. After doing this, the V-speeds appeared.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 8

Also, make sure you hit the LSK 1L next to Gross Weight in the Performance page. This happened to me last night. Since I'm used to flying the NGX, I tried to go and enter a ZFW. On the queen however, the ZFW is already pre-populated. Instead you have to verify the Gross Weight indication by pressing LSK 1L. After doing this, the V-speeds appeared.

I had the OP's problem and this fixed it for me. Recommend check this

And I think that varies by aircraft/operator configuration? Tonight I flew the United -400 and I had to confirm the GW value, I'm pretty sure I didn't have to do that in the Cathay Cargo -400F last night.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Had the same problem, KORDATC was spot on, thanks mate.

Paul Findlayson

• Upvote 1

Paul Findlayson

Yeah, this is one that catches people out on a number of occasions.

Don't pencil-whip your pre-flight. Go through your normal procedure, but make sure you're paying enough attention to the info being shown to you. The GW will have a < next to it, meaning that it needs to be confirmed. Slow down, don't rush. Be one with the airplane.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers