Sign in to follow this  
B747tebs

Displays dont work / cant click buttons

HI,

just purchased the 744 and nothing works. I stand at the gate and hear the engines and thats about it. I cant click any button, the yoke is deflected to the full right position and all displays are off. I would create a support ticket, but the PMDG website doesnt work (funny thing: it worked on my phone in the same wifi so thats how i actually downloaded the 744 but it wont open on my laptop.. probably due to some SSL issues or similar that my phone just ignores). I already tried to uninstall the 744 and install it again but same problem.

pmdg.png

Hey!

Did you put in the activation code when you started the plane?  Once you did it should activate online and its ready to go.

Just installed mine about an hour ago and all good so far.

Strange!  It should thats why you have no displays.

Perhaps alt tab as the box should be there somewhere  :hi:

i always run my sim in window mode and would have seen something coming up but i also did alt tab and there was nothing

1) Close FSX/P3D completely,

2) shutdown your computer (not a restart).

3)Start up again,

4)open FSX/P3D back up...

5)select 744v3.

6)The prompt for a license should pop up after it loads the 747.

7) Insert license

If that doesn't fix it, your download is corrupt and/or your computer is has problems. (You downloaded this on your phone and couldn't do it on your computer?????? That kinda answers why you're having problems)

Works fine for me, and hope it works fine for you someday.

Brian Nellis

Some folks sometimes have the issue of the activation box not popping up from under the P3D or FSX main window - just minimize the main window and your activation key prompt should be there.

regards

Okay i can connect to the PMDG website again.

That was due to me having a web debug session, which caused some problems. I however still do not have any activation window. I redownloaded the installer, reinstalled it, i turned off the PC and everything mentioned above. So i will head over and create a support ticket now.

Just wondering if anyone else has a solution.  I am not getting any prompt to enter an activation code as well.  I uninstalled using the "Uninstal" option in Programs and Features, rebooted pc, ran installer running as administrator. Ran P3D, chose the 744 and again no window/prompt to enter an activation code. Whole process done with Antivirus turned off. Win7, 64. Also ran a support ticket.

Please follow this:

This issue is probably caused by an incorrect SimConnect runtime installation on your computer, follow these instructions to fix it:

1. Navigate to this folder:
  2. <P3D root folder>\redist\FSX-RTM\lib
  4. Run the SimConnect.msi installer file inside the folder.
  6. Repeat the process in the FSX-SP1\lib and FSX-SP2-XPACK\lib folders.

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a111/aircraft-loads-up-dead-no-activation-window-no-landing-gear-simconnect-issue.aspx

Regards

Alex

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

I also tried running SimConnect install again and it fixed the problem.  I did uninstall FSX before installing  the new 747 and running P3D. Wonder if this effected the SimConnect files.

Glad you all got it sorted. All the same, if something isn't working, please make sure that you covered all of your bases. There should be a text file right next to the installer that says "P3D USERS READ THIS." Had this been read, it would've saved a lot of time and trouble.

Beyond that, the Intro Manual has a ton of stuff in it that is very important.

Albert - if you uninstall FSX, yes, it will remove the FSX versions of SimConnect, which are the versions of the SimConnect that we instruct people to install in the text file.

Kyle Rodgers

Glad you all got it sorted. All the same, if something isn't working, please make sure that you covered all of your bases. There should be a text file right next to the installer that says "P3D USERS READ THIS." Had this been read, it would've saved a lot of time and trouble.

Beyond that, the Intro Manual has a ton of stuff in it that is very important.

Albert - if you uninstall FSX, yes, it will remove the FSX versions of SimConnect, which are the versions of the SimConnect that we instruct people to install in the text file.

There was a text file that didnt contain any of the information. Its called README_PMDG_747_Base.txt