Sign in to follow this  
Terblanche

Activation Error

Cheers, Sadly I am not on a corporate network or college campus... I wish I was that young LOL. I have tried well over 50 times throughout the day :sad:

James Littler

James,

Could still be a prof or something!

Try this link:

http://portquiz.net:8888 (you may need to copy/paste)

If you're able to access it, then we can continue troubleshooting other items. If not, then you'll definitely want to look at your router's firewall (may need to get instructions from your ISP on how to access these pages on your router), and if the block isn't there, then call your ISP and ask them if they're blocking port 8888.

Kyle Rodgers

HI Kyle,

No I get an 

Error 502 Ray ID: 32a7c4e2e3033488 • 2017-02-01 19:21:54 UTC Bad gateway

I will check my Firewall again and the router. I have sky internet for my IPS here in the UK never had a problem activating PMDG products before.

Regards,

James Littler

James,

That explains it then. Something started blocking port 8888 between when you activated your last product and now.

Kyle Rodgers

I will follow Paul's advice tonight as I am away travelling for 2 days after tonight. Sadly though if I cannot get the IPS to open port 8888 to allow for activation I'll need a refund, unless there is a workaround?? I can reach the pmdg website so maybe it's a backbone router somewhere which is stopping me. I am not willing to pack up my pc to take it to a coffee shop for activation LOL.

Regards,

James Littler

The PMDG website is over the standard HTTP/HTTPS ports of 80 and 443. Nearly everyone has those open because that's what everyone uses to route web traffic. Port 8888 is different.

Getting a port opened shouldn't be a big issue. If it is, we have a tool that we can send you via the support system.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

Great! Good news to know there's always a back up but have checked port 8888 is not normally blocked by Sky and not reportedly at the moment I could have saved myself 12 hours of endelss attempts unless you have a bunch of other UK customers on SKY saying the same thing?? .

James Littler

Great! Good news to know there's always a back up but have checked port 8888 is not normally blocked by Sky and not reportedly at the moment I could have saved myself 12 hours of endelss attempts unless you have a bunch of other UK customers on SKY saying the same thing?? .

I haven't heard of any. Were you able to get it resolved with them, or no? (Sorry. I may not be reading what you wrote properly. Haven't had much sleep lately!)

Kyle Rodgers