Sign in to follow this  
mari8it

LANDING LIGHTS

LANDING AND TAXY LIGHTS NOT ILLUMINATING THE RUNWAY all the other aircrafts works I have 777 also and i works

help please

P3D 3.4

after a test i noted that the light works but at so low intensity that they seems off .... is there a way to increase the intensity of the lights? cause with the 777 and 737 are ok only with 747 they are very low in intensity... thank you

Same issue here.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

They do seem a bit dim - I had to turn on the landing lights just to see the taxiway. I thought maybe thats just the way the real 747 is... will see what PMDG says.

Might be the PTA preset that makes it kind of dim. 

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

I think maybe this is an effect of ground splash enabled in the simulator to get these lights illuminating the ground. Remember, when flying in the actual aircraft, these taxi lights are not supposed to blind other pilots. 

I think maybe this is an effect of ground splash enabled in the simulator to get these lights illuminating the ground. Remember, when flying in the actual aircraft, these taxi lights are not supposed to blind other pilots. 
You are correct, but on mine, even the landing lights look like they would not do that! I may have a play with the settings later to see if anything there makes a difference.

(I have read the entire manual and set up P3D as suggested)

I have been looking at our lights and they are appearing fine on the ground at most airports.

It is very difficult to find a middle ground with the landing light splash, you don't want it too bright where it works fine at some add-on airports but on others, it gets overblown and if it is toned down where it is just right, it gets a little dim at other airports.

I have almost all of the popular third party airport add-ons and the lights are working just fine, including Flightbeam KSFO as an example.

Additionally, if you are using PTA, sky texture enhancements, ENB, REshade etc, we cannot possibly come up with a combination that covers every single enhancement out there. I have noticed some of those enhancements darken the nighttime effect on the environment and that would have had an effect on the lights.

The lights are calibrated for an expected average environment and not specific addons for reasons of practicality.

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

I think the Flightbeam KSFO has a brighter landing light splash than the FSDT airports, which are very bad with this effect.  Taxi lights at KIAH almost nonexistent.  I just double checked with the 747-400v3 and I had splashes from all lights including navs.

Dan Downs KCRP

Problem IS PTA preset if I disable PTA It works but the funny things is that 777 and 737 lights work with PTA preset ..... need a solution cause PTA preset is a must for me... hope PMDG or Pedrag could help

Just had my first leg, FSX Acceleration DVD version, taxi/landinglights didn't illuminate anything, while the bulbs themselves showed as lit in spot. Both airports were foggy, so I did check with ASN off and CAVOK in order to eliminate the lowvis-bug I've seen in some aircraft when it comes to landing lights. This was only one flight, though, no restarts or testing. The 777's lights has worked previously on both airports.

Similar issue here but with FSX Acceleration. The difference is the 747 v3 and 777 has too bright landing lights I guess non real.

I posted my question about but no help yet.

Any ideas how to make landing lights as 747 v2 and Level-D does in FSX?

Patricio Valdes

2 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Similar issue here but with FSX Acceleration. The difference is the 747 v3 and 777 has too bright landing lights I guess non real.

Using shader mods?

Kyle Rodgers