Sign in to follow this  
Terblanche

Activation Error

I do not have antivirus. The service FlexNet is installed and set to Manual. Windows Firewall disabled. UAC disabled. FSX is executed as Admin. The B747 installation was executed as Admin. The file Host is empty. I cannot think of any other glitch.

Best

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I do not have antivirus. The service FlexNet is installed and set to Manual. Windows Firewall disabled. UAC disabled. FSX is executed as Admin. The B747 installation was executed as Admin. The file Host is empty. I cannot think of any other glitch.

Best

Yoi Heron - I feel for you brother ... I wish there was a switch to just make it work. It seems you have exhausted all avenues and maybe PMDG should just mail you a box version with activation included. I don't know what finally clicked when I shut-down [not restart] my PC in the hope that something will miraculous happen between no power and the next double click on FSX icon.

Although Windows Firewall is disabled did you make sure that Port 8888 is open for incoming and outgoing traffic? Something between Windows Firewall, Windows Defender, your Internet service provider and the FlexNet program do not agree with one another. Another alternative would be for PMDG to organise a SKYPE or FACETIME with you and then sit with you while you go through you settings. Come on guys and girls, help this client out!?

Terblanche Jordaan

Come on guys and girls, help this client out!?

Just as a quick note, as the official avenue of support is support.precisionmanuals.com, if you don't see a response here, it's likely being covered there. (And is the case here.)

This is technically for user-to-user support, but we hang out here a whole bunch since we know a bunch of people end up here.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Jordaan,

Thanks for your support. I spent the whole day reading about this activation problem and discovered that, among other exotic phenomena, there are issues between the activation server and some countries. Most of the successful tries users achieved after suffering this illness, were via solutions which did not have anything with this port 8888. None reported the cell phone solution worked. This problem is present since the release of NGX, T7 and now the Queen II. It happens to few users and the solution is not yet scientific, due to the factors are inconsistent, intermittent and random.

I still bet on the server bad humor.

Regards from Rio

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

I spent the whole day reading about this activation problem and discovered that, among other exotic phenomena, there are issues between the activation server and some countries. Most of the successful tries users achieved after suffering this illness, were via solutions which did not have anything with this port 8888. None reported the cell phone solution worked. This problem is present since the release of NGX, T7 and now the Queen II. It happens to few users and the solution is not yet scientific, due to the factors are inconsistent, intermittent and random.

Keep in mind that, for activation issues, we usually shift into the support queue. This means that you're seeing statistically skewed information. In the queue, we see a reasonable amount of success when the issue is something blocking communication.

I still bet on the server bad humor.

That wouldn't explain the many customers who aren't seeing the issue, however, to include those in Brazil. I know, as a programmer, you want to start running down various avenues to try and solve the issue. All the same, we've been supporting our own software for a while. While I'm sure it all makes sense to you, it doesn't quite match up with the reality of the situation.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

Thanks for your and the crew's effort.

Jordaan,

Anything new at FACT?

Best

Heron Domingues, Jr

Kyle,

Thanks for your and the crew's effort.

Jordaan,

Anything new at FACT?

Best

I wish there was something I can do ... that a certain country's service providers will block certain ports makes sense if you live in North Korea or anywhere with internet control and then coincidentally a software developer uses that port for activation is even more accidental. Be as it may, I'm thankful that it went through here and that the 'problem' was something else. I hope it gets resolved as soon as possible for you because this B744 is truly magnificent to fly. 

Terblanche Jordaan

After almost 2 days of trying everything, including getting help from Paul @ support, I was able to get up & running - & authenticated by the licensing server. Essentially, all I did was:

- completely un-install the QOTS-II,

- restart my system,

- disabled my anti virus & firewall

- kept the Windows (persistent) firewall off

- reinstalled QOTSII,

- fired up FSX (ONLY),

- Selected an FSX / Microsoft generic plane,

- positioned myself on low-VAS generic airport,

- selected the QOTSII aircraft,

- got the licensing messages & filled in my install key,

- (do this last) restarted my anti virus& firewall, did a quick scan,

- then - got my license verified, and went flying in this beautiful beast!

Maybe these step will help you, if you're having activation problems.

I will say that Paul (at product support) was very timely with responding & deserves (at least) a case of his favorite libation!

Eric Faber

Longtime PMDG Enthusiast

• Upvote 1

After some more tentatives, I finally got the activation working following suggestions from support in relation to the FlexNet stuff. As I don't have antivirus, the lesson learnt from this episode is: each case is a case.

Thanks for all and happy flying.

Heron Domingues, Jr

After some more tentatives, I finally got the activation working following suggestions from support in relation to the FlexNet stuff. As I don't have antivirus, the lesson learnt from this episode is: each case is a case.

Thanks for all and happy flying.

GREAT! WONDERFUL NEWS ........ so happy for you Heron. Now go and fly that beast 

:p0503:

Terblanche Jordaan