3. Restart PC
  4. FSX
  5. Enter Activation Code [Kaspersky still disabled]
  6. Error, "Activation Code not vallid"
  7. Dead Cockpit
  8. Uninstalled
  9. Same procedure
  10. Same result

I've checked FIREWALL (although disabled) and nothing of PMDG is blocked and FlexNet is open for incoming and outgoing.

:nea:

Any help??

Terblanche Jordaan

FACT

Terblanche Jordaan

Come on PMDG ...........

any hint, help, clue, suggestion, indicator, recommendation, tip, or advice will be greatly appreciated.

THREE years, eight hours and 90$ later - and no joy!

Terblanche Jordaan

Hi all,

Same here.

Best,

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

If you are having issues validating the product,  please submit a ticket via the Support portal with all pertinent details and we will be happy to try to help you sort things out.  

Terblanche,  You should have a reply to your support in your inbox now.  Let me know if you continue to have trouble

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

Hi Paul -

All I have in my INBOX are notifications of the responses to this forum post. I have submitted a Support Ticket with all details.

Hence, no joy yet. Hopefully soon ..... will keep an eye on my INBOX

Terblanche Jordaan

Nameless:

Please do not cross post. Moreover, there is a response from us literally two posts above yours (both here, and in the other thread).

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle -

Let's delete the other post because it was posted under general and this thread is about the B744 Activation specifically ... only after I posted it to general I realised that it may be lost in oblivion if it is only in GENERAL and that's why there is a second thread with same title. You can delete the other one and I will only follow this one.

I did however read through your response on the other post and the only thing I haven't tried was the mention of a HOST file. Where can I locate that file and make sure everything concerning PMDG is there??

Why will any program alter the activation of PMDG on my PC ...? I have a legal copy of the B738 and B777 and they both work perfectly fine.

If you are having issues validating the product,  please submit a ticket via the Support portal with all pertinent details and we will be happy to try to help you sort things out.  

Terblanche,  You should have a reply to your support in your inbox now.  Let me know if you continue to have trouble

I have replied on the TICKET.

Terblanche Jordaan

The file is in:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

It does not have a file extension, so Win will ask you what to open it with. Select Notepad.

Check it for any entries related to precisionmanuals.com. If there are any in there, close the file, open Notepad as an administrator (Start > type "Notepad" > right click it > select Run as Administrator), and then use File > Open > and browse to the HOSTS file through Notepad. Remove the entries and save the file.

Important Note:

Entries in the HOSTS file to block our website will never be added by any of our software (it would be entirely counterproductive). If you can think of any software that you might've installed that could have altered that file, please send us a support ticket and we'll look into it. The only real reason it would be in there is if someone were trying to outsmart our activation service (usually for cracked versions of our old products, the original 744 and MD11, but could be some other program we don't know about), or simply trying to block people from getting to our website.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

On Aug-2016, as the same activation issue happened to someone's 777 base pack, you answered that "a server reboot has fixed the issue".

The post: http://www.avsim.com/topic/493268-error-unable-to-connect-to-activation-server/

Due to a high demand on the first day, maybe the server is overcharged...

Best

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Heron,

Interesting thought to reference past issues, but with that issue, there were widespread reports. These are only here-and-there. Very different symptoms (and the server is behaving normally from what I can see).

Good thought though!

Kyle Rodgers

YES YES !! ... don't ask me why, where, what, and when ... all I did was to [RESET] my Kaspersky settings to a previous file I saved, then I switched my PC off (not restart) ... load FSX and said a little prayer and hold and behold it went through.

There were nothing in the HOSTS file - just some blah blah after every #

Thank you Kyle and Paul for your help. 

Terblanche Jordaan

There were nothing in the HOSTS file - just some blah blah after every #

Yeah, those are all comments on how to use the file if you need to manually set a friendly name to an IP.

Anti-virus software is becoming increasingly intrusive. You may want to set an exclusion on your entire sim folder if you haven't already. Not sure it would've saved us here, but it'll help sim performance for sure.

Thanks for reporting back and I'm (well, I'm talking to Paul as I'm typing this, so...we) are glad you got it fixed.

080a09d37b1a041c4d37e28043382e2e.jpg

"Sorry, Goose...we..."

Kyle Rodgers

Good morning,

I reinstalled the program and the message after entering my key was changed to:

ERROR: Unable to activate communications. Please contact PMDG support (50018, 41145, 32).

I did opened a ticket.

Here is my HOST file:

# ----------------------------------------------------------- #

# | This file was modified by System Mechanic. | #

# | Modified entries have been commented out. | #

# | For more information, please visit http://www.iolo.com| #

# ----------------------------------------------------------- #

# Copyright © 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.

#

# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.

#

# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each

# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should

# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.

# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one

# space.

#

# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual

# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.

#

# For example:

#

# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server

# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.

# 127.0.0.1 localhost

# ::1 localhost

END

Kyle, you say an IP entry in this file is to denote a friendly site or to block this site? I couldn't catch this file's objective. Anyway, I can see my HOST is empty.

Best,

Heron Domingues, Jr

ERROR: Unable to activate communications.

This is different. This is something blocking FlexNet from working entirely.

"Unable to connect" - your call to your friend is failing because the cell network won't let you connect.

"Unable to activate communications" - a sickness caused you to lose your voice.

Try temporarily disabling your anti-virus software, and ensure that FlexNet is not disabled (Start > type "services.msc" without the quotes > Enter > Find FlexNet > Make sure it is set to manual)

Kyle, you say an IP entry in this file is to denote a friendly site or to block this site?

It can do a number of things. In the case of someone putting entries in there related to our sites, they're attempting to block you from reaching our site.

Kyle Rodgers