Sign in to follow this  
DJSean

Aircraft rocking on ground and air?

**Posted originally in the wrong forum**

I noticed some minor rocking left and right as I taxied at the same airport I have visited in the NGX and T7 without issue.

As I got airborne there is some real rocking left and right, I have no weather enabled and winds are calm.

Anyone else getting this? I check the STAT page and no inputs to cause the rocking are noted.

I've taken a short video of my experience here: 

Any ideas?

Sean McCormack | Virgin Australia | i7 8700K @ 5.2Ghz | Asus Maximus XI | G.Skill RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200MHZ | Asus STRIX-GTX1080Ti | 2 x Samsung 850 EVO SSD RAID 0 | Corsair HX1000i  | Win 10 64bit | HTC Vive, HMD Odyssey, Oculus Rift-S and Pimax 5k+ | Twitch twitch.tv/djsean00 | Youtube youtube.com/djsean00

I've added another video taken purely on ground - https://youtu.be/5Rq_toghA0Y

The same left right action happens in flight, with and without the autopilot. When the AP is engaged and in HDG mode and I set a heading you can see it wobbling to try and intercept it.

I've taken another video of it in the air, I've got AS2016 closed, I've loaded the clear weather P3D theme, I've cleared weather in FSUIPC yet it still fighting something? - https://youtu.be/xzp2We1Xjh0

Cheers
Sean

Sean McCormack | Virgin Australia | i7 8700K @ 5.2Ghz | Asus Maximus XI | G.Skill RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200MHZ | Asus STRIX-GTX1080Ti | 2 x Samsung 850 EVO SSD RAID 0 | Corsair HX1000i  | Win 10 64bit | HTC Vive, HMD Odyssey, Oculus Rift-S and Pimax 5k+ | Twitch twitch.tv/djsean00 | Youtube youtube.com/djsean00

In the second video, it appears that you definitely have some weather going on, as I noticed some precip and nimbo cumulus build up.  Perhaps you are experiencing strong gusts/down draft from a TS?

• Upvote 1

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

Wow - that looks like an external application doing that - are you sure you dont have something else installed that could be causing this ?

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Did you have any Chuck Berry playing in the background? I really want to know what your rig is like to get 60 solid fps with the 747?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Seems like the ailerons and rudder are engaged in the 3rd video. So if you're not moving the yoke or rudder pedals maybe a controller setup issue?

Guest BeaverDriver

I tend to agree with Glenn (good thing :wink: ) for the taxi operation, although it would take a hellacious wind to move an airplane that size that much. Is that an enhanced airport and if so, any chance they built in uneven ground (most RW taxiways do give you a slightly rough ride)?

In the air, that sure does look like good ol' FS turbulence, but just for the fun of it, check your aileron or rudder trim settings. Any chance one of those is offset from centre and the A/P is fighting that?

Glenn Davy

I can confirm rocking on the ground and in the air just like Sean has. 

Because of the remark of Kyle i started to look at EZDOK. I have EZDOK v2.

I had all the camera shake options off already. I also updated EZDOK.

I started testing the wobbling on the runway on multiple airports. The wobbling started right after applying some thrust.

I also had the same problem in flight.

After using the option to disable EZDOK inside P3D the problem disappeared right away, so it seems to be caused by EZDOK.

After testing multiple parameters inside EZDOK i came to the conclusion, that even though i disabled 'Effect Processor', it still aplied those effects in the sim. 

Disabled them all and my problem disappeared. The 'Fuselage Shakes' seem to be causing this problem of the plane rocking. 

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey van Weede

Edited by TheHawk
  • Upvote 1

Thought so.

Shameless plug for the Intro Manual. This is mentioned in there, among other common issues. Please have a read as it'll help you address them quickly, without having to wait on the forum.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks guys - hmmm I did read the manual  :fool:

This is a video with all effect options in Ezdok turned off but still not disabled - 

This is a video of me taking off with it enabled and then disabling it in flight, pretty clear change - 

This video is with EzDok v2 disabled completely, fixed - 

I've gone and posted on the dev's forums - http://www.simforums.com/forums/ezdok-v2-pmdg-747-queens-of-the-skies-ii-rocking_topic57529.html

Thanks guys

Thank god I came across this thread. Had the same wobbling flying and found no solution until now.

Thought it was caused by AS16 and tested numerous settings without any luck.

Disabling the effect in ezdok 2 did the job and the QOTS lies now steady in the air :)

Cheers
Wolfgang

1hxz6d.png

Yeah I was the same wolfgang!

Enjoy :)

I had the exact same problem, solution found here did the trick - disable fuselage shake in ezdok v2.1

Dell S2417DG QHD G-SYNC 165Mhz | Gainward Phoenix GS GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | Intel i7 8086K @ 5.2Ghz | Asus Maximus XI Formula  | Corsair  500D RGB  |  Corsair AX860i | Corsair Dominator Vengeance RGB DDR4 32GB 3200Mhz | Corsair H115i Platinum RGB  | Samsung Evo SSD 2 x 1000GB  | WD Black 2 TB | SoundBlaster Z | Track IR 5 | Harmon Kardon HK695  |

I get the shaking at cruise also, but I do not and have never used ezdok software.  Any suggestions? I've tried tweaking AS16, but no joy.I've also reducing cruise speed.  Also, no joy. In FSX, I use the following add-ons: AS16, FS-Inn, Accu-feel, RAAS, GSX, and of course the most current FSUIPC. Any suggestions that may help me smooth out the flight will be appreciated. Oh, and I've also turbulence and aerodynamic shaking are disabled in the PMDG Aircraft (page #9) of Simulation setup within the FMS.

I've attached a screenshot which may give you some idea of what I'm experiencing.  You can see the vector (dashed line on NAV map) flicked off to the left in the pic. When at cruise, I the aircraft shakes mildly and the vector needle flips back and forth, from left to right, continuously.

Any suggestions / solutions are appreciated.

Thank you.  Eric Faber

QV6aA4.png