Sign in to follow this  
GoneMissed

Autopilot issues in the 747 and 777

Went in and checked, the only options on the Weather page under World in P3D settings are the preset/theme in use - I can post an image if you like, but the Weather Theme in use is Clear Skies until the problem gets sorted.

Also had another read of the intro manual and confirm I have the recommended settings etc. The only thing that jumped out was that I have my yoke, pedals and throttle calibrated through FSUIPC - this was setup after my very initial post and the problem existed in the 737 & 777 weeks before I created this thread with my X52 calibrated through P3D. I also have the options for CTL WITH AP ON = DISABLE, and REALISTIC AP ENGAGEMENT = OFF. The latter of which I changed recently as part of my own troubleshooting. I've just removed my FSUIPC.ini file though as suggested in the manual to no avail.

G'day Kyle and team at PMDG,

Just wanted to check if there were any updates on this? Unfortunately this is not yet resolved.

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 4:50 PM, GoneMissed said:

G'day Kyle and team at PMDG,

Just wanted to check if there were any updates on this? Unfortunately this is not yet resolved.

Given the information at hand (and the fact that this isn't widespread), this seems to be an issue with your computer/config, and not one that we can fix on our end. You can see the FD attempting to recapture things in the screenshots, so it's rather clear that the plane is reacting to something that it's being handed, and not something that it caused.

Remove the fsuipc.ini and do not assign any axes through fsuipc - only assign them in the sim. You can usually process the axes through fsuipc, but for now, don't do that until you get yourself sorted. To be clear, you also went out to get a battery, took your comp apart, and replaced the cmos battery?

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

This reminds me of the issues we had with FSX before Active Sky and FSUIPC came out with a fix for the winds aloft. 

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Wilhelm,

Agreed. That was due to the plane getting pummeled with unrealistic g-forces, an issue that continued with some of the add-on weather programs, and we've tried to program around in the NGX and beyond. Still, his settings looked reasonable.

Kyle Rodgers

5 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Wilhelm,

Agreed. That was due to the plane getting pummeled with unrealistic g-forces, an issue that continued with some of the add-on weather programs, and we've tried to program around in the NGX and beyond. Still, his settings looked reasonable.

I would venture that if the OP would press "Shift +Z" and get the actual winds in the upper left hand corner of the screen he would see the winds jumping back and forth by 180 degrees.

I do remember that FSUIPC had/has a wind control that helped a bunch and Active Sky came along and smoothed it out even more.

blaustern

8 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Given the information at hand (and the fact that this isn't widespread), this seems to be an issue with your computer/config, and not one that we can fix on our end. You can see the FD attempting to recapture things in the screenshots, so it's rather clear that the plane is reacting to something that it's being handed, and not something that it caused.

Remove the fsuipc.ini and do not assign any axes through fsuipc - only assign them in the sim. You can usually process the axes through fsuipc, but for now, don't do that until you get yourself sorted. To be clear, you also went out to get a battery, took your comp apart, and replaced the cmos battery?

Thanks Kyle. Hope you had a good weekend mate.

After my last post I did delete the fsuipc.ini file and unfortunately that didn't help. I also tried physically disconnecting the yoke after engaging AP. Yesterday I uninstalled my PMDG fleet in hope a fresh installation of the aircraft would help.

Confirming I did physically replace the CMOS battery from my motherboard. I actually did it twice, the second thinking perhaps I needed to leave a battery out for longer - I took it out and left the computer alone for 10 hours with no battery and only replaced it when I got back from work.

Cheers.

Just adding two shots of the B738 and B77L showing winds. It remained nil wind for both of my quick test flights, out of the default airport. In both cases the AP is on HDG SEL and both are struggling big time. This was with my yoke calibrated via P3D.

You can view images in higher res by clicking the image again after clicking the thumbnail. Noticed Photo Bucket was resizing my images too small so trying this out.

2017_2_28_9_1_20_921.png

2017_2_28_9_17_30_724.png

2 hours ago, GoneMissed said:

Just adding two shots of the B738 and B77L showing winds. It remained nil wind for both of my quick test flights, out of the default airport. In both cases the AP is on HDG SEL and both are struggling big time. This was with my yoke calibrated via P3D.

You can view images in higher res by clicking the image again after clicking the thumbnail. Noticed Photo Bucket was resizing my images too small so trying this out.

2017_2_28_9_1_20_921.png

2017_2_28_9_17_30_724.png

Did you use the Shift+Z command to see what the sim thinks the winds are, not what the PMDG aircraft thinks the winds are?

blaustern

1 minute ago, Bluestar said:

Did you use the Shift+Z command to see what the sim thinks the winds are, not what the PMDG aircraft thinks the winds are?

blaustern

Hi Wilhelm,

I did yes, if you take a look at those screenshots there is nil wind.

Cheers.

On 01/02/2017 at 11:51 AM, scandinavian13 said:

Turn down the turbulence slider in your weather program. Check the box for "disable turbulence effects on aircraft" in your sim.

Please have a look at our Intro Manuals, as well. We have some pretty detailed information that covers stuff like this.

Just out of curiosity, turn down turbulence to what amount? Isn't the Jumbo turbulence friendly? Does one have to fly it smooth-air only?

Just for clarification, my simulator is setup to heavy turbulence possibilities and never had any issues with a bunch of planes, including some PMDG ones.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

44 minutes ago, PhugoidEffect said:

Just out of curiosity, turn down turbulence to what amount?

To the amount that doesn't negatively affect the aircraft.

44 minutes ago, PhugoidEffect said:

Isn't the Jumbo turbulence friendly? Does one have to fly it smooth-air only?

This is misleading. Please have a look at the Intro Manual. We even included a graph of the incredibly unrealistic pummeling various weather programs give the aircraft.

So...I'll counter your question with another one:

Aren't weather supposed to follow realistic weather behaviors? Does one normally encounter 4G swings in turbulence?

46 minutes ago, PhugoidEffect said:

Just for clarification, my simulator is setup to heavy turbulence possibilities and never had any issues with a bunch of planes, including some PMDG ones.

Then you're fine.

Kyle Rodgers

Some on the pics @gonemissed had uploaded are showing that he uses EZDOK camera (upper right corner)

The effect section of this tool (v2) is known to affect control of the aircraft.

So i'd disable all those functions in no-weather-condition to see i the A/P issues are gone.

1 hour ago, PGBosak said:

Some on the pics @gonemissed had uploaded are showing that he uses EZDOK camera (upper right corner)

The effect section of this tool (v2) is known to affect control of the aircraft.

So i'd disable all those functions in no-weather-condition to see i the A/P issues are gone.

Paul I owe you a beer mate. I must admit I was sceptical when reading your post, but was amazed that this was is the issue. I will need to do more testing but at this stage I'm confident this is the culprit. I did the normal test flight in the NGX from the default airport, before leaving I disabled the Effect Processors. None of the normal issues experienced during climb. I waited a few minutes after the aircraft had settled in the cruise, it was steady as a rock. Opened EzDok and played around with the settings, and sure enough turning these effects back on instantly made the aircraft bank off course and gain height. Turning it back off, it happily settled again back on course and level.

The specific setting causing the issue is Main Channel Fuselage effects. I cannot now recall what my value was but I have turned it off (no value).

Thank you Paul for pointing this out, this was causing me much angst as I was effectively grounded until this was resolved. Kyle, I am very thankful of your time in working through this - I appreciate your patience.

Image below showing the specific setting in EzDok V2 causing my issue (heartache).

Screenshot_296.pngprint screen windows