Sign in to follow this  
Not_Boeing_Not_Going

PMDG QUEEN OF SKIES PERFORMANCE IN GENERAL

Hello guys , firstly, i would like to congratulate PMDG for the release of b747 and with them the best. Secondly i would like to ask about aircraft performance in terms of frames per second and smoothness in fsx se. Your feed back is very much appreciated.thanks .

Lemme just mention that RSR announced a few VAS comparison figures. That would be a good addition for the performance assessment.

The most important question is, though: Can I fly the B747 with my sidestick joystick, or do I have to revert to my ole hardware yoke?   :Party:

Oliver Maertens

It has been stated before that the VAS usage of the 747v3 is similar or a bit better than the 777. A lot of effort was spent to keep the 747v3 within its footprint of 700-800mb, while still finding ways of additional optimization and tricks compared to the 777.

The 747v3 won't be the addon to 'break the camels' back, I think some other addons (cough...scenery...couch) is way more likely to cause VAS issues.

Hope this helps :smile:

Henk de Vries

It has been stated before that the VAS usage of the 747v3 is similar or a bit better than the 777. A lot of effort was spent to keep the 747v3 within its footprint of 700-800mb, while still finding ways of additional

optimization and tricks compared to the 777.

The 747v3 won't be the addon to 'break the camels' back, I think some other addons (cough...scenery...couch) is way more likely to cause VAS issues.

Hope this helps :smile:

Thank you for reply. In terms of FPS how does it run? Thanks.

Oh I missed the question regarding FPS: the same answer applies. Hard numbers are very difficult as they depend on many many factors: different hardware, settings, addons, etc.  :smile:

• Upvote 1

Henk de Vries

Mine is smooth as silk. I get similar fps to the 777 but the 747 is definitely smoother. Very sleek similation this.

Regards

• Upvote 1

Thank you for reply. In terms of FPS how does it run? Thanks.

Yes, this is what the OP wanted to know, everybody is talking about VAS. We would like to know about FPS and fluidity also in comparison with other high-end add-on planes.

Cheers!/Andreas

• Upvote 1

I've had quite good FPS on this bird. During my first flight there were two occasions where it fell to 8-9 FPS for about 1 minute each time (which was strange). Other than that, it was usually about 25 FPS (which is, sadly, good for my rig).

• Upvote 1

I get about 30 fps in the external model and 18-23 in the VC, bear in mind this is also with the weather program ASN 2016 version.

• Upvote 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I get about 30 fps in the external model and 18-23 in the VC, bear in mind this is also with the weather program ASN 2016 version.

But what is your CPU speed? Sim settings? AI traffic?

To be brutally honest, the only way that you are going to be able to determine accurate comparisons of framerate and VAS usage (when compared to your other payware planes) on your own PC is by installing and testing it on your own PC. Trying to determine how well it will run based on the wildly variable settings and system specifications of others is like hunting for a needle in a haystack :wink:

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Performance here is not as good as the 777 or the 737 (talking about VC view), but it's good. i have about 3/4 fps less with the 747 in the exact same situation compared to the 777 or 737

Yep, that's about what I'm getting on my rig, perhaps a tad more in VC. P3D is on medium to high settings.

regards, Andy

MSFS/P3Dv4.5/| i7 9700K @5.0 | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F |32GB3200C16 | ASUS 2080Ti OC connected to 3 x LG 27" monitors 5780x1080 | EVO 970 2TB M2 for sim, EVO PLUS 970 500GB M2 for W10pro64bit | VirtualFly YOKO & TQ6 |  MFG crosswinds | T16000M |

I'm finding it is a little bit tougher on frames than the NG, i.e. about on par with the FSL A320, don't have the PMDG Cripple Seven, so I can't say how it'd compare to that on my PC

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here