Sign in to follow this  
Not_Boeing_Not_Going

PMDG QUEEN OF SKIES PERFORMANCE IN GENERAL

I just don't understand how some people people with state of the art systems only get 18-23 FPS? How is that even possible? I am running high settings (everything one notch off ultra, except for LOD, global texture resolution), and I am getting 30-60 FPS. On FlyTampa EHAM 30-40 FPS. Going onto IVAO with some weather might lower it into the the mid to high twenties, but 18 FPS? Also running FTX Global and UTX. 

I just don't understand how some people people with state of the art systems only get 18-23 FPS? How is that even possible? I am running high settings (everything one notch off ultra, except for LOD, global texture resolution), and I am getting 30-60 FPS. On FlyTampa EHAM 30-40 FPS. Going onto IVAO with some weather might lower it into the the mid to high twenties, but 18 FPS? Also running FTX Global and UTX. 

Hi,

My system is quite "good" compare to nowadays and in the VC I am struggling below 20FPS, outside ~30FPS(limit 30fps). I do not have the all the sliders to the right. And it driving me crazy for days now as I have not found out why.

If you can please share your FSX.cfg. I am using FSX:SE by the way.

Thanks!

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Ok, I finally found out that my system does not like FPS limiter at all. I set both NVI and FSX to unlimited and the FPS increases a lot. From under 20 to ~25-30 in VC now (with out the mouse cursor) and over 30 FPS outside view.

Happy with it so far.
Cheers.
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

P3D v5

That always happens when using a framerate limiter. If you are going to use a limiter, you need to be sure that your PC can maintain that framerate at all times. If your system can't keep up, then framerates will drop off dramatically.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi,

My system is quite "good" compare to nowadays and in the VC I am struggling below 20FPS, outside ~30FPS(limit 30fps). I do not have the all the sliders to the right. And it driving me crazy for days now as I have not found out why.

If you can please share your FSX.cfg. I am using FSX:SE by the way.

Thanks!

Hoang Le

Do you have this in your fsx.CFG:

[bufferPools]

PoolSize=0

?

Only works in DX9!

Dont use water higher than HIGH2X.

Yup, have your frames on unlimited, your graphics processor will be doing less work in not trying to maintain a specific framerate.

Here you go, 56fps on a manual approach into Almeria when frame rates are unlimited..

fsx%202017-02-02%2020-19-30-71_zps1j8dtx

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Do you have this in your fsx.CFG:

[bufferPools]

PoolSize=0

?

Only works in DX9!

Dont use water higher than HIGH2X.

Hello,

I use preview DX10 with Steve's Fixer.

Does water setting affect performance even if we are in middle of the land or fly FL300 above when cruising?

Thanks.

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

P3D v5

Hello,

I use preview DX10 with Steve's Fixer.

Does water setting affect performance even if we are in middle of the land or fly FL300 above when cruising?

Thanks.

Hoang Le

Yes it will have effect, although I am onlu sure about FSX. That's the whole problem with the water setting, it will effect performance massively when set to MAX2x, and yes also above land. LOW2x should look nearly the same, except for cloud shadows AFAIK.

Again, use the bufferpools tweak. Will increase performance by 25-50%. Onlu works in DX9 though!