Sign in to follow this  
Lairyliam

Hold Weights

Iv tried every combination of Hold, Cargo, Cargo Hold, Capacity, Limits, etc but i cant find what the structral floor weights are for the holds are. 

Any one know what the Max cargo capacity is of a Pax (109) variation?? iv hit MAX on the FMC to load it, but it just takes the load to MZFW, i just wanted to update the PFPX files so its correct...

So 3 holds, what max weight can i get in them, and if you have the data what was your source, (iv tried searching the 1600 page (LOL) FCOM but to no avail. 

Liam

Liam Reynolds - EGNS

sig_smaller.jpg

Youtube Channel

Cargo hold capacities are in relevant documentation defined by volume not weight.

We apportioned distributed weight in cargo holds based on those figures, max allowed structural payload and expected CG limits.

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

I simply set MZFW and add up the three cargo weights to get the number to use in PFPX, or just leave it blank.  The only number that is meaningful for our purposes is the ZFW.

Dan Downs KCRP

Cargo hold capacities are in relevant documentation defined by volume not weight.

We apportioned distributed weight in cargo holds based on those figures, max allowed structural payload and expected CG limits.

Cool, but i cant find those weights in the FCOM - Limitations?? (I can't find the Empty or DOW for that matter - I know to take out all the pax and fuel and you have The DOW) The manual only ever talks about RAMP, MTOW, MLDW and MZFW, as per L.10.2, but i'm pretty sure every plane i'v dispatched or been the load controller on has had a limit to how much volume/weight it can actually hold. obviously The load sheet never weighs Cargo in Volume, only in KGS/LBS. which more often than not is air-frame specific, because as we know every planes DOW weight is different. Least they were when my name was on the top of the loadsheet... 

Please don't get me wrong. it's not about that it appears to be missing or that i cant find it, i'd just like to use the numbers PMDG did when they programmed it. the level of everything that i have is more than i could ever wish for, and this plane will be talked about for years to come.  and i actually would hate if PMDG thought i was complaining  - FAR FROM IT....   Its just whoever programmed the FMC must have had a number that brings up the error of.... 

OK, so 30 mins later of chasing the numbers and I have those max numbers, and thus the max weight/Mass that the PMDG 747 can take into the holds...

Max Cargo in the 109 Version  is  45243KG (as per FMC) The Max each hold can take before INVALID ENTRY displays. 

21949/19225 Bulk 4069.

Which leads me to  

I simply set MZFW and add up the three cargo weights to get the number to use in PFPX, or just leave it blank.  The only number that is meaningful for our purposes is the ZFW.

Yep, you cant take more than the MZFW, I agree and ZFW is all I really care for in the FMC. 

However, that number in the MZFW in the FMC is only 30719 yet the PFPX profile i am looking 747-400 RB211-5 says 50802... That's a lot of mass/weight that's being missed and thus made me wonder how two separate sources can be 20,000kg different....

So obviously, you have to go with what the PMDG FMC says, so at least when you tell PFPX that to randomize The load it works on the basis that it has a MAX of 420 PAX, and 45243 KGS of cargo to play with, it can then randomize to its hearts content and use the full amount of weight that's available in the aircraft up to the MZFW. I can then take the ZFW and pop it into the FMC, what the FMC does with the weight is up to the plane. ( Thats kind of your point isn't it.....................) - tho when it comes to offloading due being overweight, or runway limitations its easier to bin off stuff from the hold than it is the punters who pay the bills. (yeah, sorry, your bags coming via timbuktoo... next month......)

I realize were only discussing 15000kgs of weight, and it really doesn't matter in tems of the actual ZFW, in the absolute grand scheme of things. and having read this a dozen times now probably seems silly to most, but I guess i got fixated on the wrong thing. 

But hey, at least we now know that in PFPX we can put 45243 into that Cargo box..... 

In fact here's the numbers i'm working with

KGS

Empty Weight: i was going to say 175500 but that's a guess based on 13 crew and a couple of tonnes for catering/potable water, - but actually it doesn't matter... were probably never going to need it anyway!!!!!

DOW  178,800 - I put this into the Empty weight box

MZFW 246100

RAMP 395532

MLDW 285763

PAX: 420

Cargo: 45243

Fuel: 173425 - although we should now be aware of density as per the Manual.

I Really hope someone finds this post useful LOL, i have put 2 hours into it! 

VBRGDS

Liam 

• Upvote 1

Liam Reynolds - EGNS

sig_smaller.jpg

Youtube Channel