Sign in to follow this  
vegasjon

Can't print manual

11 hours ago, headley said:

You don't want to print a 1000+ manual, unless it's your boss printer:biggrin:

On a tablet you can easely search a word or frase and find it within seconds, don't try that on a printed manual...

yep   too easy  on a  tablet

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

[MOD EDIT] The PDF's are locked for a reason. Links/ways to programs that unlock them are not allowed.

• Upvote 1

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

I find a second monitor is even easier than a tablet. I use mine like an EFB.

You could print the first 747-400 v1, I did and still have it in a large ring binder which has helped me as I've not had the PMDG 747-400 for some years, now I have P3Dv4 so I can fly without OOM`s I'm enjoying flying again.

Ray. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Too bad it cannot be printed.

Anyhow, remember to save backups on your Google Drive..........

On 2/2/2017 at 8:04 PM, warbirds said:

It would be wonderful if PMDG would sell a printed manual with cover as a more exclusive option. I for one would gladly pay for such a manual. My thoughts were to have the manual pro printed out and bound in some fancy cover but now see that is not possible.

I do like the tablet idea and had not thought of doing then even though I do have a Samsung tablet.

Oh yes,I'm sure many would love that, but I'm pretty sure logistically that would be impossible. PMDG would have to either outsource it to a bulk printing service (which has it's own legal and quality issues), or buy a couple of industrial printers and hire more staff, driving up their expenditure by a lot.

The official Boeing manual is awfully dry reading, a real yawn fest, I wouldn't print it even I could.

Much better (shorter yet more comprehensive and a better read) is the PMDG 744 manual for the earlier version.

spacer.png

I think the best read for new users is the Introduction and use Manual worth printing, Give you a good guide to setting up the aircraft and changes you can make and why its done that way.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg