Sign in to follow this  
Turlad

Nav data cycle still showing old cycle...?

Minor problem I have is that I get a 'NAVDATA OUT OF DATE' message... The cycle in the FMC ident page is still showing as the Sep' 13 one (which was shipped with the 777). The files in the SIDSTARs folder show the current feb//march data... I'm a little confused, there seems to be something out of whack somewhere. 

Anyone else had this?

Cheers

Adam

Did you install one of our older aircraft after installing the 747? If so, this might occur.

Kyle Rodgers

Did you install one of our older aircraft after installing the 747? If so, this might occur.

No, I've got the 777 installed but the 747 was installed afterwards. It looks like the actual data used is correct and upto date, but the ident page is getting the wrong title i.e showing the 0913 cycle name..... Can this happen?

Thanks.

Adam.

Weird. That doesn't make any sense at all, especially since the 744 would've included the nav data as of yesterday. Check the file in the <sim root>\PMDG\NAVDATA folder (should be "cycle_info" or "nav_ident" or something like that). Make sure it isn't set to Read Only (right click the file, and select properties).

Kyle Rodgers

Weird. That doesn't make any sense at all, especially since the 744 would've included the nav data as of yesterday. Check the file in the <sim root>\PMDG\NAVDATA folder (should be "cycle_info" or "nav_ident" or something like that). Make sure it isn't set to Read Only (right click the file, and select properties).

Yeah the files are there with the old idents. The files aren't read only but the NAVDATA folder is......

It's a minor problem, thanks for looking in to it when you've time.

Adam.

Adam,

This definitely isn't normal, but I don't think it was caused by us. If it were, we'd see more reports of it, but so far, I've only seen yours. Change the folder permissions off of read only (uncheck the box), and then re-run the 744 installer as an administrator. It should update the files.

Kyle Rodgers

Same issue here: The file ARPT_RWY is new, all the others are old. (FSX-SE)

Oliver Maertens

EDIT: The ARPT_RWY file seems to be created ingame only, as I do not have that file in the FSX-MS navdata folder. Files there are old ones, too. (Only flying in FSX-SE currently.)

Edited by The Undecided

I would stay to delete the cycle and reinstall from the navigraph all over again

Same issue here.

I'm getting this date:

AIRAC cycle    : 1510
Version        : 1
Valid (from/to): 17/SEP/2015 - 14/OCT/2015

Any idea on what to do?

Rgds,

Steve

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

The airplane does ship with the latest Navdata (1702) but we do not automatically overwrite older data because there are people who deliberately fly using outdated data for compatibility with FSX ATC, scenery, custom made procedures, etc.

If you want the latest one to install, do this:

1. Go to your <sim root>\PMDG\ folder - delete the NAVDATA and SIDSTARS folders.

2. Rerun the 747 installer and choose repair.

It should put the 1702 data in.

• Upvote 3

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The airplane does ship with the latest Navdata (1702) but we do not automatically overwrite older data because there are people who deliberately fly using outdated data for compatibility with FSX ATC, scenery, custom made procedures, etc.

If you want the latest one to install, do this:

1. Go to your <sim root>\PMDG\ folder - delete the NAVDATA and SIDSTARS folders.

2. Rerun the 747 installer and choose repair.

It should put the 1702 data in.

Hi Ryan,

tried the repair but to no avail.....my navdata is still showing up the same dates as before?

Rgds,

Steve

Edited by XCLTM3

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Hi Kyle,

any chance someone can look into this further as I'm having the same issue despite carrying out Ryan's instructions.

Rgds,

Steve

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Steve,

Are you certain you deleted BOTH of those folders completely and ran the installer again?  If so were new folders created?  

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

I was experiencing the same issue as well - on a virgin fresh Prepar3D, I installed the 737NGX, the 777, and then the 747.  On my 747 flight yesterday, the FMC was reporting an out-of-date data set - since I don't have a subscription to Navigraph, I didn't think too much about it until this thread.

Examining the existing files in NAVDATA, the various files (fmc_ident, wpNavAID, wpNavAPT, etc...) all seem to show the latest 1702 data with January 23, 2017 file timestamps.  Just like the original poster Adam, only one file in the existing folder (cycle_info.txt) shows a 2013 data set. I've also confirmed that this file was not read only. 

Upon backing up these files and moving them aside, I ran the 747's repair install. The two directories were recreated, and the same files (fmc_ident, wpNavAID, wpNavAPT, etc...) all appeared to be recreated with the same up-to-date January 23, 2017 time stamps. While all those files repopulated into the directories, the cycle_info.txt file was not recreated with the repair installation of the 747. 

Unfortunately, I'm doing this work remotely, so I cannot actually run the simulator right now to see what will happen next. I'll be watching the thread, and I'll give it a whirl when I get back to the home office to see what happens when I launch the sim and aircraft after the repair install.

-Greg

Greg,

If the Navdata DATE is correct,  then check the Sim Date.  P3D is defaulting to September something last year so you need to reset it to System time for it to be accurate.

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg